Aloe Albida

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
zygmontek
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None

Aloe Albida

Post by zygmontek »

Hi everyone! I am growing and collecting aloes for the last 3 years. My collcetion is getting bigger but there are many plants I am still looking for, such as aloe albida or aloe luntii, irafensis.
Having this opportunity I would like to ask if any one of you would be interested selling, swaping or just sharing aloes with me? I would be very greatful for your responses.
Best wishes,
Zygmunt
Last edited by zygmontek on Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
topsy
BCSS Trustee
Branch: BRIGHTON, HOVE & District
Role within the BCSS: Life Members

Re: Aloe Albida

Post by topsy »

Hi,

Aloe albida is a Red Data LIst plant and you will be extremely fortunate to be able to obtain it and you will need a licence to export it from South Africa. I have had it in the dim and distant past and propagated it, lost it got it back and lost it again and I think I got it originally from van Donkelar in the Netherlands about 45 years ago.

Would love to hear how you get on.

Suzanne
zygmontek
Branch: None

Re: Aloe Albida

Post by zygmontek »

I know but I believe there are many collectors growing this plant in Europe.
I have seen picture online but never was able to contact the growers.