Logging on issue

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
rodsmith
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: STOKE-ON-TRENT

Logging on issue

Post by rodsmith »

I'm permanently logged on to the forum and never log off when I leave the BCSS website. However, the last two times I've visited the forum I've had to log on. Is this an issue with anyone else?
Rod Smith

Growing a mixed collection of cacti & other succulents; mainly smaller species with a current emphasis on lithops & conophytum.
Liz M
BCSS Member
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE
Role within the BCSS: Trustee

Re: Logging on issue

Post by Liz M »

It happens all the time for me. At least it makes me remember my logging on details. I just sigh and put in the user name and password again. It's slightly irritating, I suspect it is caused by something happening outside the Forum website. No idea what, though.
Obsessive Crassulaceae lover, especially Aeoniums but also grow, Aloes, Agaves, Haworthias and a select number of Cacti.
habanerocat
BCSS Member
Branch: EDENBRIDGE
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by habanerocat »

If you deleted your browsing history recently or cleared out your cache and cookies, that may have done it.

Some anti-virus programs are obsessed with managing your passwords and may be the cause of it also.

No problems here of late. Using Firefox.
BryanW
BCSS Member
Branch: None

Post by BryanW »

I only get logged out if I clean up cookies or click the 'delete all board cookies' link below
Enthusiastic novice with a keen interest in South African flora
A Member of; Haworthia Society - BCSS - MSG
BCSS Member 51898
Diane
BCSS Member
Branch: None

Post by Diane »

Happens all the time (and very randomly) on my IPad, but never on the PC!
Diane - member of Kingston branch

Growing cacti - balm to the soul!
rodsmith
BCSS Member

Post by rodsmith »

That's useful information as I have recently cleared my cookies and browsing history on this PC. However, since then I've logged in 3 times and each time I've ticked the "Remember me on this computer" box and each time I've had to log in again. I've just come out of the website and reloaded the web page again with no problem so it could be that it's only happening after I shut down the computer and re-boot.
Rod Smith

Growing a mixed collection of cacti & other succulents; mainly smaller species with a current emphasis on lithops & conophytum.
habanerocat
BCSS Member
Branch: EDENBRIDGE

Post by habanerocat »

There may be a setting in your browser to clear out cookies every time the browser is shut down.
You might have that ticked.
Chris L
BCSS Branch Websites Co-ordinator
Branch: MANCHESTER
Role within the BCSS: Branch Websites Co-ordinator

Post by Chris L »

rodsmith wrote:That's useful information as I have recently cleared my cookies and browsing history on this PC. However, since then I've logged in 3 times and each time I've ticked the "Remember me on this computer" box and each time I've had to log in again. I've just come out of the website and reloaded the web page again with no problem so it could be that it's only happening after I shut down the computer and re-boot.
Which browser are you using?
Joined 1991
Lamb's Reference Plate Index http://www.cactus-corner.co.uk/referenc ... -guide.htm
FREE on Kindle Unlimited:
Anglesey Circular Walk https://amzn.to/34i18qF
Lytham-Arnside Walk https://amzn.to/3fpQPGf
My Redbubble Shop https://www.redbubble.com/people/cactuschris/shop
rodsmith
BCSS Member

Post by rodsmith »

Chris L wrote:
rodsmith wrote:That's useful information as I have recently cleared my cookies and browsing history on this PC. However, since then I've logged in 3 times and each time I've ticked the "Remember me on this computer" box and each time I've had to log in again. I've just come out of the website and reloaded the web page again with no problem so it could be that it's only happening after I shut down the computer and re-boot.
Which browser are you using?
I've used Google Chrome for several years and I've just updated to the latest version. This could be what is causing the problem. I'll have to check the settings. I had to log in again this morning.
Rod Smith

Phil_SK
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE
Role within the BCSS: Forum Moderator

Post by Phil_SK »

Three little dots (top right) --> settings --> advanced --> content settings --> cookies, then
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (19.02 KiB) Viewed 2514 times
works for me.
Phil Crewe, BCSS 38143. Mostly S. American cacti, esp. Lobivia, Sulcorebutia and little Opuntia