2018 Cactus Explorers.

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
DaveW
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: NOTTINGHAM
Role within the BCSS: Branch President

2018 Cactus Explorers.

Post by DaveW »

Just had this email from Graham Charles.

"Dear Explorers,
I am sorry to tell you that there won't be a meeting this year, 2018.
This is due to Beaumont Hall being refurbished and the University not having any other suitable accommodation available.

I hope I shall be able to organize another event in the future but at least this year you have the alternative of the BCSS Convention which will be held at the same venue complex in July.
Have a good year!
Graham"
Nottingham Branch BCSS. Joined the then NCSS in 1961, Membership number 11944. Cactus only collection.
DaveW
BCSS Member
Branch: NOTTINGHAM
Role within the BCSS: Branch President

Re: 2018 Cactus Explorers. (update)

Post by DaveW »

Update, just received from Graham.

"Since I wrote to you about the meeting being cancelled due to a lack of a venue at Leicester University, Graham Evans has offered to look for another comparable venue in the Midlands and take over the organization of the meeting.

If he is successful, then we will be able to have a meeting so we will keep you informed.
Fingers crossed!
Graham C"