Strange Spanish succulent?

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Cactusgirl
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: CORNWALL
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Strange Spanish succulent?

Post by Cactusgirl »

That's great thanks. My greenhouse is South facing and although has shading and auto vents still can get up to 30° plus during the day. So was wondering if anything else may need a drop of water?
Jim_Mercer
BCSS Member
Branch: LIVERPOOL

Post by Jim_Mercer »

Depends where the plants come from, you need a fairly precise location as, for example South Africa is not good enough but anything from the red regions on this map will expect winter rain but might not expect frost.

Cactusgirl
BCSS Member
Branch: CORNWALL

Post by Cactusgirl »

Hi Jim thanks for sharing the map it will be a good guide. I have several aloes, Haworthias, Gasterias & agaves also Lithops and lots of spiky guys from South America I.e. cleistocactus, Mammillaria, echinocereus etc. I keep a Melocactus, uebelmannia and a couple of blue cacti indoors as I have read they need a minimum temp of 15 degrees. I've also got a vitapod propogator set up & keeping it at 20 degrees with lots of seeds planted in pots then sealed bags. If they all survive I shall be inundated! Yoh!