Aeonium

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
JaneO
Registered Guest
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None

Aeonium

Post by JaneO »

Just makes me smile!
IMG_2456.JPG
Cactusgirl
BCSS Member
Branch: CLACTON-on-SEA
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Aeonium

Post by Cactusgirl »

Stunning! What variety is it? I want one!
JaneO
Registered Guest

Post by JaneO »

I'm fairly sure it's Aeonium arboreum variegated! No doubt I shall be corrected! I would also suggest it might look better the right way up! I love the iPad! It does not offset well.
Mike
BCSS Member
Branch: WILTSHIRE

Post by Mike »

I believe it's a cultivar called Sunburst. Whether it's a cultivar of A. arboreum or A. davidbramwellii or something else I'm not sure, but it's lovely. Mine has never offset, and has also shown it's not very hardy, with some of the leaves marking when the temperature drops below about 6C.
Mike
Based in Wiltshire and growing a mix of cacti and succulents.
JaneO
Registered Guest

Post by JaneO »

Hi Mike,

Mine gets spoilt. It resides in heated conservatory over winter but I do wish it would offset. Eventually the head gets top heavy and breaks the stem, or I cut it off. The stem never re-grows but the top will! I have some smaller ones but they are not quite the same, more curved leaves. More upside shots to follow....
Diane
BCSS Member

Post by Diane »

I have several of these, and they go out into the garden when the weather gets warm enough. Then they will grow away very strongly, and start to offset. My largest one now has 7 or 8 side branches. It seems true that after beheading them, the main stem doesn't offset, although the top cuts root easily enough. I've never had offsets produced while grown under glass, but grown outside they will.
Diane - member of Kingston branch

Growing cacti - balm to the soul!
JaneO
Registered Guest

Post by JaneO »

Hi Diane,
Great advice. I have never been brave enough to try it outside but I sure will now. I put the purple coloured ones out but thought this too fragile. Roll on summer! Thank you.
juster
BCSS Member
Branch: CROYDON
Role within the BCSS: Branch Show

Post by juster »

A very pretty plant Jane, I shall look out for one. And yes, roll on summer, I'm suffering from greenhouse withdrawal!
Croydon Branch member, growing mainly cacti and Echeverias
Eric Williams
BCSS Member
Branch: SOUTH WALES

Post by Eric Williams »

Lovely plant indeed Jane O, my Comton Carousel is quite similar, but as you know it is not an Aeoniums. LoL. Cheers