Aeonium velour

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
JaneO
Registered Guest
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None

Re: Aeonium velour

Post by JaneO »

This is my plant when first purchased. It was in horrid clay round urn and awful compost so I repotted it. Ignore green straggly bits, that belongs to separate plant. I'm trying to work out odds of getting it right way up!
IMG_2091.JPG
Tony R
Branch: BROMLEY
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by Tony R »

JaneO wrote:I'm trying to work out odds of getting it right way up!
IMG_2091.JPG
Becomes right way up when I click it (to enlarge it) using Firefox.
Tony Roberts
Treasurer, Haworthia Society
Chairman, Tephrocactus Study Group
Moderator, BCSS Forum
Kent
(Gasteria, Mammillaria, small Opuntia, Cleistocactus and Sempervivum are my current special interests)
JaneO
Registered Guest

Post by JaneO »

Hi Tony,
Can you not make it stay that way please! I hate the IPad! It's so frastrating.
Phil_SK
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE
Role within the BCSS: Forum Moderator

Post by Phil_SK »

Could this be a case of garden centre trade plants being 'pumped up' - fast growth leading to more branching - as compared to C&S aficionados' versions that have been grown hard and haven't branched? A bit like a grafted Blossfeldia branches but an own-roots one doesn't.
Phil Crewe, BCSS 38143. Mostly S. American cacti, esp. Lobivia, Sulcorebutia and little Opuntia
JaneO
Registered Guest

Post by JaneO »

Hi Phil,
I actually bought it in July so I had had it for a month on earlier photo. It had grown a lot in better compost and pot! Not boasting...just the way it was! Bought from Rosebourne which is independent Garden Centre on par with Ayletts? It exudes quality.
IMG_2017.JPG
IMG_2014.JPG