euphorbias as promised

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
brianc
BCSS Member
Branch: CHELMSFORD
Role within the BCSS: Branch Treasurer

euphorbias as promised

Postby brianc » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:37 pm

here are the euphorbias that i promised dot, hope you like them.
Attachments
DSC01112.JPG
from right to left, euphorbia pilansi, euphorbia mammilaris, euphorbia pulvinata, euphorbia ferox
DSCF0087.JPG
euphorbia ferox 30 cm pot
DSCF0034.JPG
euphorbia meloformis 30 cm pot
Dot
BCSS Member
Branch: SHEFFIELD
Role within the BCSS: Journal Team

Re: euphorbias as promised

Postby Dot » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:36 pm

Brian, thank you for posting the euphorbias as promised, they do look good as larger sized plants.
I do have quite a few Euphorbias, but mostly they are in smaller pots.
The bigger ones I have are showing their age, perhaps if I re pot them they may look
better.
Perhaps I should wait until the weather is a bit warmer before disturbing them ?

Dot.
Dot
Zone 3 Rep.
Tina
BCSS Member
Branch: NORTHAMPTON & MILTON KEYNES
Role within the BCSS: Committee member

Postby Tina » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:55 am

They look very good some nice size plants and the agave's look nice too, my favourite plants grouped together (tu) (tu)
Tina

varied collection of succulents and cacti but I especially like Euphorbia's and variegated agaves.

Bucks, UK
Branch co-ordinator Northampton & Mk Branch
brianc
BCSS Member
Branch: CHELMSFORD
Role within the BCSS: Branch Treasurer

Postby brianc » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:34 am

Hi Dot
I have a nice collection of euphorbias ,i have plants in smaller pots from 3inch to 12 inch.
I like the Medusa type , E. Gorgonis, E. Caput medusa, E. Enermis, E.Esculenta etc.
I repot my small plants every year and my larger plants every 2 years. I use 2 thirds perlite 1 third
J.Inns 3, i feed about 4 times a season Chempak 8. I always water from below so the plants have a
chance to take up the feed i see no point in watering from above as my compost is so open it just
runs straight through. I start repoting February into dry compost, In all i have about 200 plants of one
discription or other , i grow cacti as well as succs i do like adromischus the mat forming type.
I will start watering the collaction proper in early march , i do water some plants through the winter
Echeverias Haworthias Adros. never seem to get any problems doing this.
Hope it has answered your question on repoting.
Brianc.

Return to “The Cactus & Succulent Plant Forum”