The Weather Forecast

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Duns
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: YORK
Role within the BCSS: Member

The Weather Forecast

Post by Duns »

I was encouraged by the last few days of decent weather up here in Yorkshire, so much so that I am tempted to give my very thirsty cactii a sip of water. However looking at next weeks weather forecast I am inclined to wait a bit longer. I am interested to know if anyone has started watering yet, My greenhouse is heated but only to 2 - 3 C.

Additionally I have a backlog of re-potting to be done - I am working on the basis that it would be OK to proceed now - or am I making a mistake?

John
Mike
BCSS Member
Branch: WILTSHIRE

Re: The Weather Forecast

Post by Mike »

No watering of cacti here yet. And I wouldn't expect to start for another month at least...
Mike
Based in Wiltshire and growing a mix of cacti and succulents.
purzo
BCSS Member
Branch: SHEFFIELD

Post by purzo »

Likewise, no watering of cacti here in Derbyshire yet. I try to hold off until early April.
Cheers
Gary

Plant Interests
cacti & other succulents, carnivorous plants
brianc
BCSS Member
Branch: CHELMSFORD
Role within the BCSS: Branch Treasurer

Post by brianc »

Hi Duns
Here in essex i keep my g/house at 40 degreas i water some succulents all winter, i start watering
cacti mid march. I have repotted alot of plants since end of january into dry compost i never have
any problems.
Duns
BCSS Member
Branch: YORK

Post by Duns »

Many thanks Mike, Gary and Brian for your comments. I will hold off watering the cactii for another month but will start on re-potting this week.

Thanks again

John
iann
BCSS Member
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE

Post by iann »

Watered all the Pediocactus several times, and a few other similar species at least once. No heat here unless the next ice age arrives early. Will be nice to get some frosts and sunny days, the early growers like that.
Cheshire, UK