MSG Bulletin

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Aiko
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: MSG Bulletin

Post by Aiko »

topsy wrote:svb means substitute (sub), the original 3277 was sold out and a different collection of the same species was sent in its place.
Aha, sub it was. Thank you for the information.
vaida
Registered Guest

Post by vaida »

Suzanne, I would like a copy of the Bulletin please.
Thank you :grin:
Into mesembs. Mainly Lithops.
Cactusgirl
BCSS Member
Branch: CLACTON-on-SEA

Post by Cactusgirl »

I posted my seed order and cheque almost a month ago now but still not got my order. As I keep seeing everything is getting sold out I wonder if there will be any left for me...
Magi
Registered Guest

Post by Magi »

As of last week there’s apparently a new ordering procedure, please see:

http://www.smale-conophytum.co.uk/MSGseed.htm

Because many items have sold out, members are asked to send their desired species lists to Jen, for which she’ll return a list of items that are still available, along with the total cost of the order. This should speed up the processing efficiency as well as sparing much disappointment.

I sent my order last Sunday, and indeed more than a few have sold out, but a bulk of them are still available. Good luck everyone!
iann
BCSS Member
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE

Post by iann »

What happened? Did Russian bots join up and buy all the seeds?
Cheshire, UK
Terry S.

Post by Terry S. »

I suggest Cactus Girl contacts Jennifer directly to see what has happened to her order, there are no outstanding ones more than 2 days old apart from those waiting for additional documentation.

Iann - more packets of seed and actual orders have been mailed in three weeks than in the total four months of the distribution last year. Something like 10000 packets of seed have been mailed. There are obviously lots of requests from China (via aliases in other countries) and Korea but orders from the USA are up too. I wonder if this reflects much of Mesa's produce going to the far east? I notice that they no longer have a wholesale listing of cono seeds.
Astro
Registered Guest

Post by Astro »

MG had some logistics issues last year (and increased demand), which resulted in very long wait times and many species being sold out. Maybe that encouraged many people to pursue alternatives a bit more vigorously?
iann
BCSS Member
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE

Post by iann »

10,000 packets!?!
Cheshire, UK
Terry S.

Post by Terry S. »

Indeed, I exaggerate not. This can be compared to 3 000 - 4 000 packets in the early days of the distribution. About half the members are now taking the opportunity to acquire seeds from the MSG.
Chris in Leeds
BCSS Member

Post by Chris in Leeds »

I take it you have to be a member and provide membership details to get the seed (not that I am wanting any seed) just wondering if the MSG membership has gone up with new members from the Far East
Chris
BCSS MEMBER SINCE 2000 (NATIONAL SHOW)
FORUM MEMBER SINCE JUNE 2006
Interested in - TURBINICARPUS (Always looking for plants I don't have)
TEPHROCACTUS AND RELATED SPECIES
http://www.leeds.bcss.org.uk/ http://www.zone3.bcss.org.uk/