MSG Bulletin

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Astro
Registered Guest
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None

Re: MSG Bulletin

Post by Astro »

mary44 wrote: The lack of seed remaining is probably due to people taking advantage of the MSG's offer to email the list to any members who wished a copy who hadn't received their bulletin from the 9th March. I imagine most people will have done that and requested their seeds soon afterwards. Did you not see this on the seed availability page?
There is nothing on the status page right now as far as I can tell, but when I checked a week or to ago I'm pretty sure it said March 14th to email the list. Then again, I may be mistaken.
mary44
BCSS Member
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by mary44 »

Astro wrote: There is nothing on the status page right now as far as I can tell, but when I checked a week or to ago I'm pretty sure it said March 14th to email the list. Then again, I may be mistaken.
I am pretty sure it started as the 14th March then was changed to the 9th March a few days later. As you say the wording has been changed now.
Jim_Mercer
BCSS Member
Branch: LIVERPOOL

Post by Jim_Mercer »

ragamala wrote: If you have proof the list was shared to the public that may be a different matter.
The link I posted earlier is open to anyone and contains some of the seed list details, there my be more elsewhere that google is not finding from the key words I am entering but the problem is always going to be how to control the list so it remains members only if it is available anywhere on the web.
Aiko
BCSS Member

Post by Aiko »

mary44 wrote:I am pretty sure it started as the 14th March
I can confirm. I also remembered 14 March.
mary44
BCSS Member

Post by mary44 »

It was 14th to start with but was changed to the 9th at some point which is why the seeds sold out so quickly in the past few days. You are making me doubt it now :???:

Jim: I found that video on you tube by chance last week having followed a link to another video from facebook. I PM'd the link to Suzanne and Terry. I see it has now been taken down.
Ivan
Registered Guest

Post by Ivan »

topsy wrote:MSG Bulletin » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:13 pm
We have paid for a better service for all the non-UK members' Bulletins to be sent and I will be interested to know when they arrive...
My MSG Bulletin has just arrived.
Magi
Registered Guest

Post by Magi »

Just adding to the statistics, received my Bulletin today (literally arrived 5 minutes before I post this :smile: )
Aiko
BCSS Member

Post by Aiko »

Magi wrote:Just adding to the statistics, received my Bulletin today (literally arrived 5 minutes before I post this :smile: )
And I just got my seeds in. Happy to see I got all I requested (although I skipped requesting one I already know was out of stock. It was even the first one to go, unfortunately).

Just one question. I ordered "3277 Conophytum maughanii ssp. armeniacum (N of Aughrabies)", but on the bag next to 3277 there was something written:

Svb B&H 2419 (Harras)

What does this mean, this Conophytum is not from the north of Aughrabies, but from Harras, and was miswritten in the seed list? It is the same as number 2540, so I probably already know the answer, but just want to see it confirmed.

(And what does the abbreviation Svb means?)
vaida
Registered Guest

Post by vaida »

I haven't even received my bulletin yet... :|
Into mesembs. Mainly Lithops.
topsy
BCSS Trustee
Branch: BRIGHTON, HOVE & District
Role within the BCSS: Life Members

Post by topsy »

Hi

svb means substitute (sub), the original 3277 was sold out and a different collection of the same species was sent in its place.

Suzanne

Hi Vaida,

Sorry to hear that you Bulletin still hasn't arrived, do you want me to send another copy?

Suzanne