My first Haworthia

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
BryanW
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None
Role within the BCSS: Member

My first Haworthia

Post by BryanW »

This little beauty arrived in the post today and was packed with the utmost care, I've just finished re-potting it and given it a drink.
H. Glauca ' Pagoda'
H. Glauca ' Pagoda'
Enthusiastic novice with a keen interest in South African flora
A Member of; Haworthia Society - BCSS - MSG
BCSS Member 51898
jhb
BCSS Member

Re: My first Haworthia

Post by jhb »

Hi Brian.
Big mistake buying a Haworthia because now you've got 1 it won't stop there & you'll want more & more. Before you know it you'll be hooked.
I bought 1 & now I've got about 50, a modest collection compared to some but all the same it's addictive. It's the same with Cono's too. :grin:
Jayne H.B.
Growing Mamms, Turbs, Ario`s & a bit of most genera in darkest North Devon. Love Lithops too.Now getting hooked on Haworthia`s & Cono`s.
BryanW
BCSS Member

Post by BryanW »

jhb wrote:Hi Brian.
Big mistake buying a Haworthia because now you've got 1 it won't stop there & you'll want more & more. Before you know it you'll be hooked.
I bought 1 & now I've got about 50, a modest collection compared to some but all the same it's addictive. It's the same with Cono's too. :grin:
Hi Jayne, well...
originally I had taken a liking to some Echeveria in the local garden centre (haven't got one yet) and then one Friday night last October this bloke named Terry appeared on Gardners World talking about Lithops, Conophytum and Mesembryanthemum. So taken by these species I'd never heard of I began watching lots of videos on youtube (I think I was secretly being targeted by BCSS & MSG members, or am I paranoid :shift: ). Then I ordered a pack of mixed Cono seeds from Germany & mixed Lithops seeds from a seller in Surrey, turns out I'd sown both lots in the wrong kind of substrate (gravel is pure limestone) but they are still going strong and are now an observation experiment.

Up until seeing Terry S on TV the only succulents I'd ever owned were an inherited 30 odd year old Sedum Telephium and some S. Spathulipholium.

Hooked you say :roll: I'd call it a severe addiction :lol:
I've now got so many different species I'm thinking of turning the dining room in to a grow room for succulents and I've already got my eye on a few dozen more Haworthia, 'mirrorball' and some of the Cooperi cultivars are at the top of the list. You don't need to tell me how bad it can get, I'm happy being hooked :lol:
BCSS Member 51898
AnTTun
BCSS Member

Post by AnTTun »

Bryan - Mrs TT is so 'happy' about few hundreds of my haworthias. I'm sure yours will be too. (Evil Grin)
TTcacti - C&S database software - http://www.ttimpact.hr/anttun/
Mandy
Registered Guest
Branch: LEEDS

Post by Mandy »

beautiful new plant i love it ,very nice
BryanW
BCSS Member

Post by BryanW »

AnTTun wrote:Bryan - Mrs TT is so 'happy' about few hundreds of my haworthias. I'm sure yours will be too. (Evil Grin)
My Mrs will most likely use them as an excuse not to do the dusting in case she damages one :|
BCSS Member 51898
BryanW
BCSS Member

Post by BryanW »

Mandy wrote:beautiful new plant i love it ,very nice
Hi Mandy, I Got it from Cactusheaven on ebay, I've never been so pleased by the packing, real care and love was put into it (not a single grain of soil had left the pot it came in).
BCSS Member 51898
phil1984
Registered Guest

Post by phil1984 »

That's a really nice plant. Looking good [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk
BryanW
BCSS Member

Post by BryanW »

Hi Phil, that's exactly what I thought as soon as I saw them online. (tu)
BCSS Member 51898