DT collection numbers

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
chris25
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: SOUTH WALES
Role within the BCSS: Member

DT collection numbers

Post by chris25 »

Does anyone know where I can find a list of DT collection numbers? Specifically, I am looking for DT6295B, an Adromischus that I have had for a couple of years. Ideally, it would be good to know the species if this has been resolved, failing that, locality information.

Thanks,

Chris
Tony R
Branch: CAMBRIDGE

Re: DT collection numbers

Post by Tony R »

I'm sure Apicra (DT) will be able to tell you more about DT6295B :wink:
Tony Roberts
Treasurer, Haworthia Society
Chairman, Tephrocactus Study Group
Moderator, BCSS Forum
Kent
(Gasteria, Mammillaria, small Opuntia, Cleistocactus and Sempervivum are my current special interests)
chris25
BCSS Member

Post by chris25 »

OK, thanks. I was hoping that was the case but don't know him personally. There's no hurry - it's been sat on my bench for a while!
Stuart
BCSS Member
Branch: BRISTOL

Post by Stuart »

The DT numbers are accession numbers, not collection numbers so a DT number does not necessarily have habitat data. I only realised this last year when DT bought one of my plants which then would have acquired a DT number. It's all a bit confusing, there are collectors who like to buy plants with some sort of number rather than just a name, however the number might be from a habitat propagation, a number from an individuals collection, or just a random number from a nurseryman's catalogue. (I'm not referring to DT numbers in that last sentence)
Stuart
chris25
BCSS Member

Post by chris25 »

Thank you, that's very useful. I'll just keep checking back, then, in the hope that DT can help out in person. Failing that, I'll post a photo of the plant in question if I can figure out how to do it.
Chris
Tony R
Branch: CAMBRIDGE

Post by Tony R »

chris25 wrote:Thank you, that's very useful. I'll just keep checking back, then, in the hope that DT can help out in person. Failing that, I'll post a photo of the plant in question if I can figure out how to do it.
Chris
A tip for all users - you can always check when a registered user was last active on the Forum by finding them in the members' list. or indeed contact them by email/PM from there:
e.g. memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=360
Tony Roberts
Treasurer, Haworthia Society
Chairman, Tephrocactus Study Group
Moderator, BCSS Forum
Kent
(Gasteria, Mammillaria, small Opuntia, Cleistocactus and Sempervivum are my current special interests)
Apicra
BCSS Member
Branch: HARROW
Role within the BCSS: Branch Chair

Post by Apicra »

Can we have a photo please? DT6295 is a mesemb, so something is wrong. Did you receive this directly from me?

Best wishes,
Derek Tribble
chris25
BCSS Member

Post by chris25 »

Hello Derek

Thanks for chiming in. I'm almost certain that the plant came from Trevor Wray. The number is DT6295B. I'm not sure if the B suffix makes any difference. I'll try to get a photo posted as soon as I get a chance.

Chris
chris25
BCSS Member

Post by chris25 »

I finally got some photos processed. Any information gratefully received! (Not my label)
Attachments
CM-180411-2008.jpg
CM-180411-2007.jpg
CM-180411-2006.jpg
Apicra
BCSS Member
Branch: HARROW
Role within the BCSS: Branch Chair

Post by Apicra »

Well, the label is clear enough, but I can't relate it to any of my Adro numbers, even with digit substitutions.

The plant is a difficult to ID - it looks like one of the small forms of A. hemisphaericus I suppose. I looked around the greenhouse today but am no longer growing an Adro that matches.

So nothing firm enough to write on a new label, I'm afraid.

Best wishes,
DT