Succulent ID

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
ragamala
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: NORTH FYLDE

Re: Succulent ID

Post by ragamala »

I don't mean to be argumentative, Tony, but the question remains - do our friends here have the same problem when posting to other fora, or other social media such as FaceBook? If yes then I can accept what you sayt 100%. If not then this comes back to being an issue shared by both forum users and the implementation of phpbb. As you say you know ALL about this issue I am sure you can give a direct answer and put me in my place - as someone who has an enquiring mind but has never experienced this issue except as an irritation when viewing pics here. Another minor question is - why is an image rotated sometimes when you click on or hover over it, and why it remains in same orientation in other cases? Yours in puzzlement. Alan.
el48tel
BCSS Member
Branch: LEEDS
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by el48tel »

Tony R wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:49 am Agreed, el48tel, thanks.
Within your paragraph above:
"... Use an image processing app..."
This is what the users should be doing, as has been said all along.
AND --- for those who want the help there are many freebie apps which will do said task so they don't have to go to Photoshop or PaintShopPro which spend cash designated for cactus buying

I have colleagues who swear by ..... Irfanview .... GIMP ..... LightZone
Endeavouring to grow Aylostera, Echinocereus, Echinopsis, Gymnocalycium, Matucana, Rebutia, and Sulcorebutia. Fallen out of love with Lithops and aggravated by Aeoniums.
Currently being wooed by Haworthia, attempting hybridisation, and enticed by Mesembs.
el48tel
BCSS Member
Branch: LEEDS
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by el48tel »

ragamala wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:41 pm ..................... but the question remains - do our friends here have the same problem when posting to other fora, ...................
In brief .... yes .... I have to post on a closed forum for another organisation to which I belong which is uncannily close in design to this one .... probably uses identical if not similar software to drive it.

Image has to be posted in the "right" orientation.
Post too small an image and it cannot be studied be the other participants
Post too large and the site won't accept it
Post it in the "correct" file type e.g JPG otherwise it falls over
etc
etc
etc
Basically it ain't rocket science .... just hit the brief
Endeavouring to grow Aylostera, Echinocereus, Echinopsis, Gymnocalycium, Matucana, Rebutia, and Sulcorebutia. Fallen out of love with Lithops and aggravated by Aeoniums.
Currently being wooed by Haworthia, attempting hybridisation, and enticed by Mesembs.