New Chairman

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Tina
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: NORTHAMPTON & MILTON KEYNES
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: New Chairman

Post by Tina »

Congratulations Ian (tu) ,
I think you will be a great chairman and hope to see some novel idea's/changes in the way forward for the society.
Tina

varied collection of succulents and cacti but I especially like Euphorbia's, Ariocarpus and variegated agaves.

Bucks, UK
Branch co-ordinator, Northants & MK BCSS https://northants.bcss.org.uk
BCSS Talk team member, contact me- BCSS.Talk@Gmail.com if you want to volunteer or suggest a speaker plz.
Ian Thwaites
BCSS Member
Branch: SPALDING
Role within the BCSS: Fellows

Post by Ian Thwaites »

Thanks all for your support. I really don't want to change the society but I do intend to broaden its appeal and encourage a new generation to appreciate our plants and more importantly our society.

We get probably the best journal in the world but I intend to put together a much broader membership benefits package so you would be mad not to join the society for all the extra's that I have started to negotiate. Watch this space!
Last edited by Ian Thwaites on Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ian Thwaites
Aiko
BCSS Member
Branch: None
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by Aiko »

Ian Thwaites wrote:so you would be stupid not to join the society for all the extra's that I have started to negotiate.
I was already ahead of stupidity and joined earlier this month.
Ian Thwaites
BCSS Member
Branch: SPALDING
Role within the BCSS: Fellows

Post by Ian Thwaites »

Aiko wrote:
Ian Thwaites wrote:so you would be stupid not to join the society for all the extra's that I have started to negotiate.
I was already ahead of stupidity and joined earlier this month.
Bad choice of words - now amended. :grin:

What I meant was I want to put together a benefits package (offered by external parties) that would make your membership EVEN better value!

Ian
Last edited by Ian Thwaites on Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ian Thwaites
ragamala
BCSS Member
Branch: NORTH FYLDE

Post by ragamala »

Still bad grammar, Ian ,-)
Liz M
BCSS Member
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE
Role within the BCSS: Trustee

Post by Liz M »

Ian, it's great that you have become chairman. I know you will bring a lot of good things to the society. It needs someone with vision to appreciate that the only way forward is to look forward. We learn from the past and develop strategies for dealing with what is to come. I sincerely hope you achieve many of your goals and can look back with satisfaction with what you achieved.
Obsessive Crassulaceae lover, especially Aeoniums but also grow, Aloes, Agaves, Haworthias and a select number of Cacti.