Tesco,s finest

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Nick_G
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None

Re: Tesco,s finest

Post by Nick_G »

I think it's the same stuff. My car mechanic gave me some to clean up an oil spill on our drive and it looked and felt exactly the same as the cat litter. Also cleaned up the oil spill wonderfully.
BCSS no.33806

Turbinicarpus, Lophophora, Ariocarpus, Lobivia and Gymnocalycium
Tina
BCSS Member
Branch: MEDWAY TOWNS
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by Tina »

This is used/distributed by one of my bonsai clubs I have been using it with my cactus for a couple of years now, its safe (tu)
Tina

varied collection of succulents and cacti but I especially like Euphorbia's, Ariocarpus and variegated agaves.

Bucks, UK
Branch co-ordinator, Northants & MK BCSS https://northants.bcss.org.uk
BCSS Talk team member, contact me- BCSS.Talk@Gmail.com if you want to volunteer or suggest a speaker plz.
topsy
BCSS Trustee
Branch: BRIGHTON, HOVE & District
Role within the BCSS: Life Members

Post by topsy »

Hi Tina and Nick, thanks for the update of a substitute Moler clay. how does the particle size compare with the Tesco litter? Sanicat is a similar price to the Seton product but the particle size is greater than Tesco.

Suzanne
Tina
BCSS Member

Post by Tina »

Its finer more like Tesco possibly a little smaller, bonsai club have been using it for a long time so its safe.
I like having the two different grain sizes, sanicat is ideal for bigger plants/pots and the finer for smaller pots.

With pets at home if you register a pet you will get a 10 discount voucher thru the post so can stock up with more bags at a reduced price.
Tina

varied collection of succulents and cacti but I especially like Euphorbia's, Ariocarpus and variegated agaves.

Bucks, UK
BCSS Talk team member, contact me- BCSS.Talk@Gmail.com if you want to volunteer or suggest a speaker plz.
topsy
BCSS Trustee
Branch: BRIGHTON, HOVE & District
Role within the BCSS: Life Members

Post by topsy »

Hi Tina,

Many thanks for pointing me in the right direction for an alternative supply of Moler at a reasonable price. We have just taken delivery of our first 30L bag of it and are well satisfied with the granule size.

Suzanne
chris25
BCSS Member
Branch: SOUTHPORT

Post by chris25 »

Perhaps someone can tell me if the Sanicat non-clumping litter I bought a few weeks ago, from Pets at Home, is the right stuff. It's off-white in colour, not pink, and it's fine grade, contrary to what I have read on here. It was the only variety they had in the store but I suspect I may have bought the wrong variety? :diss:

I haven't use it yet but my Tesco's stuff is nearly all gone.

Chris
iann
BCSS Member
Branch: LUTON

Post by iann »

Sanicat do a lot of non-clumping cat litters. I think the only one you should use is the Sanicat Pink, it says pink on it, the package is pink, and the granules are the pinkish shade you'll be used to. It also says Danish Moler if you look at the fine print.
Cheshire, UK
chris25
BCSS Member

Post by chris25 »

Thanks Iann. This was the only type they had in the store - the variety of "flavours" is confusing.
Tina
BCSS Member

Post by Tina »

https://www.petplanet.co.uk/product.asp ... gLbdvD_BwE
You can get it here cheap and with free delivery if you buy four, could you get some other branch members interested in buying some from you ??, its also cheaper than pets at home price.
Tina

Bucks, UK
chris25
BCSS Member

Post by chris25 »

Thanks for the useful details, Tina.