Flowers after 2 years of student life

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
picnic
Registered Guest
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None

Flowers after 2 years of student life

Post by picnic »

This plant spent a year in university halls of residence, followed by a year in a dark, slightly damp, basement. It has been knocked out of its pot at least twice to my knowledge and not at all well cared for. Since my daughter returned it to my care last autumn, it has almost doubled in size and put on this fantastic display. Needless to say, she appreciates the flowers as much as I do :D
IMG_20180415_092736059.jpg
IMG_20180417_215429938.jpg
rodsmith
BCSS Member
Branch: STOKE-ON-TRENT

Re: Flowers after 2 years of student life

Post by rodsmith »

That is a remarkable display, given the plant's history. It shows how resilient our plants can be.
Rod Smith

Growing a mixed collection of cacti & other succulents; mainly smaller species with a current emphasis on lithops & conophytum.
Cidermanrolls
BCSS Member
Branch: LINCOLN
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Flowers after 2 years of student life

Post by Cidermanrolls »

I grew Pereskia aculeata around the standard lamp in my student room for several years. That was over 30 years ago. I still have the exact same plant, but it has never flowered for me.