When to put Aeoniums back outside?

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Liz M
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE
Role within the BCSS: Trustee

Re: When to put Aeoniums back outside?

Post by Liz M »

I would not worry too much about leaving your Aeoniums outside at night. If it is not going down below to 1or2C, they will be fine. the worst problem is hailstones, that ruins them. I got back from holiday last Thursday evening, the hottest day of the year, to find that some of mine had scorched. They will recover but look very droopy at the moment.
Obsessive Crassulaceae lover, especially Aeoniums but also grow, Aloes, Agaves, Haworthias and a select number of Cacti.
Mervinius
Registered Guest
Branch: None

Re: RE: Re: When to put Aeoniums back outside?

Post by Mervinius »

Liz M wrote:I would not worry too much about leaving your Aeoniums outside at night. If it is not going down below to 1or2C, they will be fine. the worst problem is hailstones, that ruins them. I got back from holiday last Thursday evening, the hottest day of the year, to find that some of mine had scorched. They will recover but look very droopy at the moment.
Ah thanks. That's good to know. I've brought them back in tonight but will leave them out from tomorrow onwards.

I only put mine in the sun for a couple of hours on the first sunny day. They have completely changed colour, but luckily didnt scorch.

My large green on dud completely droop though. It's recovering in the shade now.

I hope yours recover soon

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk
Mike
BCSS Member
Branch: WILTSHIRE
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by Mike »

My A. arboreums went outside today. I don't expect to take them in again.
Mike
Based in Wiltshire and growing a mix of cacti and succulents.
Mervinius
Registered Guest

Post by Mervinius »

Mike wrote:My A. arboreums went outside today. I don't expect to take them in again.
Mike
We just had a ridiculous thunderstorm! Don't think they've have like that much.

esp
BCSS Member
Branch: BRADFORD

Post by esp »

Mike wrote:My A. arboreums went outside today. I don't expect to take them in again.
Mike
I put mine out last week. Unless we are forecast to heavy frost, they are staying there until October or so, given recent autumns.
Mike
BCSS Member
Branch: WILTSHIRE

Post by Mike »

Pleased to say they survived a thunderstorm unscathed. And I hadn't even got round to staking them. They're kept very dry over winter, and lose a lot of roots so they can be unstable for a while at this time of year.
Mike
Based in Wiltshire and growing a mix of cacti and succulents.
Mervinius
Registered Guest

Post by Mervinius »

Mike wrote:Pleased to say they survived a thunderstorm unscathed. And I hadn't even got round to staking them. They're kept very dry over winter, and lose a lot of roots so they can be unstable for a while at this time of year.
Mike
Yes mine seem ok too.im just watching the night temperatures. They are creeping back down! :-(