Went to the GC to buy a bodywarmer and.........

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
KeithG
Registered Guest
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None

Went to the GC to buy a bodywarmer and.........

Post by KeithG »

I needed a new bodywarmer as I only have one left so I went to a local GC that has a really good clothing concession. Whilst I was there I thought that I should have a look at the plants and started off (as usual) in the bargain bin. I left with this Kalanchoe 'Dorothy'..............
ImageKalanchoe 'Dorothy' by longk48, on Flickr

Basically I figured that it would make good propogating material. When I got it home I saw that the job was already started.............
DSC_0477.JPG
DSC_0478.JPG
DSC_0478.JPG (107.59 KiB) Viewed 1254 times
And the price?
DSC_0479.JPG
I hate to say it but sometimes you just gotta love these big GCs!
cactuspip
BCSS Member
Branch: GLOUCESTER
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Went to the GC to buy a bodywarmer and.........

Post by cactuspip »

One of those occasions that would have warmed my father in law's heart. He always loved a bargain!

BTW Did you remember to get the bodywarmer?
rodsmith
BCSS Member
Branch: STOKE-ON-TRENT

Post by rodsmith »

A lucky find and a real bargain.
Rod Smith

Growing a mixed collection of cacti & other succulents; mainly smaller species with a current emphasis on lithops & conophytum.
KeithG
Registered Guest
Branch: None

Post by KeithG »

This place is like the Waitrose of GCs - top dollar is the normal price but when they discount stuff they do it properly! So (for example) if you were minded to buy a Medinilla magnifica you should be able to get one for two or three quid towards the end of there bloom period.
cactuspip wrote: BTW Did you remember to get the bodywarmer?
Nah, they didn't have anything I liked!