North West Cactus Mart

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
RAYWOODBRIDGE
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None
Role within the BCSS: Member

North West Cactus Mart

Post by RAYWOODBRIDGE »

I would just like to thank Peter Bint and the members of the Manchester Branch for putting on the Mart again. I thought that this years mart was much better than the last two years with more growers and sellers, and there did seem to be quite a buzz about the hall. Nice to meet up with old friends and have a chat, even though to be honest we have lost quite a few over the last twelve months.
And as always nice to find one or two plants on the wanted list,also to see the NW mart back to a must visit on the calendar .
Ray

BCSS member 50155
DKG member 311605
Echinocereenfreund member 100

Cactus only collection mainly from seed.
Brian
BCSS Member
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE

Re: North West Cactus Mart

Post by Brian »

(tu) Another excellent NW Cactus Mart, well said Ray & thanks for all the hard put into it.
purzo
BCSS Member
Branch: SHEFFIELD

Post by purzo »

Once again an excellent NW Mart and thoroughly enjoyable day out. I thought the change of layout worked very well. With my greenhouses almost full to bursting I managed to keep my buying urges under control and limited myself to purchases of Gymnocalyciums and Haworthias only. Got some great ones too (tu)

Thanks to everybody who helped putting it all together.
Cheers
Gary

Plant Interests
cacti & other succulents, carnivorous plants
KathyM
BCSS Member

Post by KathyM »

I thought it was great. I went for the first time last year but there was so much more for sale this year. We bought all sorts of stuff.

It can be so hard to find interesting plants for sale so things like this are brilliant.

Imagenew plants! by Kathy, on Flickr
Phil_SK
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE
Role within the BCSS: Forum Moderator

Post by Phil_SK »

Yes, I was pleasantly surprised at both the number of stalls and the number of customers. Thanks to all involved.
Phil Crewe, BCSS 38143. Mostly S. American cacti, esp. Lobivia, Sulcorebutia and little Opuntia
dalesmatt
BCSS Member

Post by dalesmatt »

Thank you to everyone involved. :smile:

It was nice to see some familiar faces and the variety on sale from all the different stall holders. I had been on shift and working the last 2 years when it was on so it was really great to make it over to see the variety and buy some nice additions to my little collection. (tu)
Matt
Joined online :) Member number 49972. Bradford Branch.
Interests include South American cacti and spiny Euphorbias
IvorC
BCSS Member
Branch: MANCHESTER

Post by IvorC »

Thank you all for your feedback and kind words. Hard work to set up and dismantle yes but worth it on so many levels. We hope we are able to continue to keep the mart going for many years yet.
Thanks from Manchester Branch Committee,
Ivor
dalesmatt
BCSS Member

Post by dalesmatt »

I christened this one year of the gymno, I think I saw more of these than any other cactus plant for sale. Thank you Ivor for the branches efforts :)
Matt
Joined online :) Member number 49972. Bradford Branch.
Interests include South American cacti and spiny Euphorbias