Cactus ID please!

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
John Dos
Registered Guest
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None

Cactus ID please!

Post by John Dos »

First of all, apologies for not entering for such a long time in this wonderful forum. Life has been plenty of other things, spiny and not nice at all; now, perhaps, things are changing for better.

Like this cactus, which I don't know which one it is. It has been growing under a roof - no rain - for mostly six years now. It is about 1 m high but rather thin and looks like this:

If you need other details to possibly identify this plant, tell me, I can make more photographs.

Thanks!
topsy
BCSS Trustee
Branch: BRIGHTON, HOVE & District
Role within the BCSS: Life Members

Re: Cactus ID please!

Post by topsy »

Hi,

Looks like Pilosocereus glauchochrous which is always rather on the thin side. I cannot see that it has flowered, but when it does the flowers open at night and don't smell very pleasant.

regards, Suzanne Mace
John Dos
Registered Guest
Branch: None

Re: Cactus ID please!

Post by John Dos »

Thank you! This fits.