Succulent ID

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Ava
Registered Guest
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None

Succulent ID

Post by Ava »

I found (in some kind of gift basket - the other non-succulents were dead) and adopted this plant - I think it's a Kalachoe? It looks like something has been eating its leaves, however, it has been indoors and there are no visible pests on it (I've rinsed the leaves with water but have no pesticides at the moment). Does anyone have any idea what might be wrong with it?

Brian
BCSS Member
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Succulent ID

Post by Brian »

It is a kalanchoe. Roots look good & you have given it the treatment I would go for.

These plants are great in that they will often flower for a year, but eventually die of exhaustion.

Sorry not sure of the ailment; good luck anyway.
Diane
BCSS Member
Branch: None
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Succulent ID

Post by Diane »

It might be K. blossfeldiana, commonly found in supermarkets and garden centres. The damage looks a bit like a slug or snail has had a nibble...
Diane - member of Kingston branch

Growing cacti - balm to the soul!