Fire bowl

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
sechjoh
Registered Guest
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None

Fire bowl

Post by sechjoh »

This is my Echinopsis chrysantha, my only one. It flowers very seldom, but is fun to have when it blossoms. The plant is ugly because of a RSM attack :( I am thinking of putting it in the bin, what do you think? :roll:
Echinopsis chrysantha
Echinopsis chrysantha
/Christer DPP4, Capture One 10, CombineZM
rodsmith
BCSS Member
Branch: STOKE-ON-TRENT

Re: Fire bowl

Post by rodsmith »

Christer Johansson wrote:...I am thinking of putting it in the bin, what do you think?
With a beautiful flower like that, no way. My Rebutia steinmanii was severely attacked by RSM in 2015 but the new growth since then has almost completely hidden the scarred areas.
Rebutia steinmanii RH349 1 January 2018.JPG
Rod Smith

Growing a mixed collection of cacti & other succulents; mainly smaller species with a current emphasis on lithops & conophytum.
juster
BCSS Member
Branch: DARTFORD
Role within the BCSS: Branch Show

Post by juster »

A really beautiful flower Christer and I agree with Rod, RSM damage is a real nuisance, but is usually hidden by new growth.
Croydon Branch member, growing mainly cacti and Echeverias
Pjt124
Registered Guest
Branch: HARROW
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by Pjt124 »

Sorry but what is RSM"
D^L
BCSS Member
Branch: BROMLEY

Post by D^L »

Red spider mite. An awkard pest, it sucks the sap killing the cell it has attacked and leaving a brown scarring. You can just about see it at the base of Rod's picture.
Cheers
David Lambie