Sansevieria Books & ‘Definitive’ C & S Books

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Rich45s
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: KlNGSTON-on- THAMES

Sansevieria Books & ‘Definitive’ C & S Books

Post by Rich45s »

Hello,

Inspired by the large collection Sansevieria sale in the sales forum - Alas not for me, if only I had the space, money & time - As I think still my most favourite plant is about a bog standard Sansevieria as you can get that I nearly killed (two ‘leaves’ left at its worst point) and is now almost taller than I am with its tallest leaf and really the specific plant that started my enjoyment of plants

The post made me realise that I had no idea there was that large a number of varieties of Sansevieria. So from a complete novice, is there a definitive book on Sansevieria?

To widen it out, are there books considered ‘definitive’ for various cactus & succulent species or just for the genus / genii? as a whole. As, as much info is available on this site and the wider internet. I still like books!

Thank you for any pointers.
BCSS Member 52305
Tony R
Branch: CAMBRIDGE
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Sansevieria Books & ‘Definitive’ C & S Books

Post by Tony R »

Rich45s wrote: ... the genus / genii? ....
genus is a 3rd declension latin noun, gender neuter.
genera = plural :grin:
Tony Roberts
Treasurer, Haworthia Society
Chairman, Tephrocactus Study Group
Moderator, BCSS Forum
Kent
(Gasteria, Mammillaria, small Opuntia, Cleistocactus and Sempervivum are my current special interests)
Rich45s
BCSS Member
Branch: KlNGSTON-on- THAMES

Re: Sansevieria Books & ‘Definitive’ C & S Books

Post by Rich45s »

See this is why I need books. It’s the classifications and whatnot that completely baffles me. Fun to learn though!

Oh and thank you!
BCSS Member 52305