S, S, S - Part Five

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
AnTTun
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None

S, S, S - Part Five

Post by AnTTun »

Big seller, small order this time. Seller is probably well known: Cactus Moravia from Czech Republic. I've order seed from them twice before, I wasn't too happy with results so I've stopped. But their info emails kept coming, one of them was like: 20 free seed packs for new buyers for orders above... So my wife became their new buyer :) Also a friend of mine.

I've ordered 6 astro hybrid seed packs just to get above the limit but I told them I'm interested in astro seed only and if I can't get such bonus seed I'm not interested in anything else. And I got 6 packs only. Mentioned friend of mine didn't set any condition but didn't get any bonus either. And he got no reply to his complaint. Lost in their system I guess :) :(

Ordering proces was usually slow, tho, considering how slow some Czechs can be, my order maybe got processed even fast: I got invoce two weeks after placing an order and seed was sent about 3 weeks after the payment.

Seed was packed in ziplocks with hand written seed codes. I don't like their coding system :) Each pack had 10% more seeds than declared, which was a + in my eyes. Germination was another story, it ranged from (barely) 20% to (a bit over) 80%, total average was 50%. So, it could be worse, as always.

Btw, if some of you have passion for astros, I suggest www.starastrophytum.com. In case you can afford their prices and 100 EUR minimum order. Or make group order as I did twice. They sell fresh seed, I had between 80% and 90% germination ratio.
TTcacti - C&S database software - http://www.ttimpact.hr/anttun/