A pink day

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
iann
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE
Role within the BCSS: Member

A pink day

Post by iann »

Variations on pink
pulchra-0719.jpg
Pink!
guelzowiana-0619.jpg
Pink?
esperanzae-0719.jpg
Pinker.
wrightii-0719.jpg
Cheshire, UK
Diane
BCSS Member
Branch: None

Re: A pink day

Post by Diane »

Thought I'd tag a couple of mine on your thread Ian.

This is my larger Mammillaria guelzowiana with eight heads, which has decided to burst into bloom today. (I also have a single headed plant in flower too.)
Mammillaria guelzowiana
Mammillaria guelzowiana
Also, I have a seed grown (2012) Echinocactus horizonthalonius ssp. subiki which has flowered for the first time this year. I was hoping for it to have white flowers, which are typical of this form, but it is pink. Still pretty though. This form flowers at a small size, as the plant is only in a 7cm pot, and this is the third flower this year - rather nice!
Echinocactus horizonthalonius ssp. subiki
Diane - member of Kingston branch

Growing cacti - balm to the soul!
iann
BCSS Member
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE

Re: A pink day

Post by iann »

An eight-headed M. guelzowiana must really make you reach for the sunglasses!

Coincidentally, my E. horizonthalonius ssp. subikii was also in flower, for the second time this year, but obviously didn't qualify for this thread. Here it was last year. While your flowers aren't white, they are much more attractive than mine. I have seen plants labelled subikii with pink stigmas and even pink eyes, but I'm not sure if they should really carry the name.
subikii-0528.jpg
Cheshire, UK