Non-plastic mister recommendations?

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Geri88
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None

Non-plastic mister recommendations?

Post by Geri88 »

I am desperate to find a well-built, durable, ideally all metal mister, but have had not luck so far. I hate to chuck things away when they stop working and are not reparable.
Any recommendations?
All things small and not (too) spiny.
Diane
BCSS Member
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Non-plastic mister recommendations?

Post by Diane »

Haws make a brass mister, but they are quite expensive. A quick search on Amazon brings up a variety of glass and metal misters, so might be worthwhile checking some of those out.
Diane - member of Kingston branch

Growing cacti - balm to the soul!
Geri88
BCSS Member

Post by Geri88 »

Diane wrote:A quick search on Amazon brings up a variety of glass and metal misters, so might be worthwhile checking some of those out.
I have tried one of those, the mechanism was plastic painted to look like metal and they all seem to be the same.
Have you used the Haws one?
Diane
BCSS Member

Post by Diane »

No, I haven't, but Haws are a renowned manufacturer of the best watering cans etc., so if I was looking for a metal mister, that's what I would go for.
Diane - member of Kingston branch

Growing cacti - balm to the soul!
Ali Baba
BCSS Member
Branch: DOVER

Post by Ali Baba »

Not all metal but very well made is the Flit sprayer. It fits a standard drinks bottle and is capable of producing a powerful but fine mist. I use mine for spraying tillandsias and it has outlasted my other misters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Geri88
BCSS Member

Post by Geri88 »

I've noticed that the Haws is available in brass or in nickel. Does it make a difference to the plants? (some people think copper tools are beneficial, for example, but I don't have any myself)