CITES and cactus seeds: question  Solved

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
ragamala
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: NORTH FYLDE

Re: CITES and cactus seeds: question

Post by ragamala »

Karl, thanks for the reply. I think you hit a nail on the head. The rules are not always in correspondence with the practice. Whether they should be is a different question. Partly this depends on ones own morality.
ragamala
BCSS Member

Post by ragamala »

ragamala wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:32 pm
Bill wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:32 pm This has nothing to do with free speech its off topic and an emotional topic that has no place in The Cactus & Succulent Plant Forum. I take no pleasure in suspending a long time and valued member of the forum, but so be it.

Bill

Forum Administrator
And in so doing you leave this post for all to see, but aim to prevent response, having removed other posts earlier but neither threatened nor activated suspension. One thing or the other. A ban and delete the post, or leave this member to continue his inaccurate and combatative harangue, in which case I am sure there are others who are willing to cross swords with him and put him in his place.

OR move this post to Off Topic. Then we can all feel free to have our say. This is nothing to do with emotion, it is everything to do with reality and informed assessment of the issues involved. And those of us who do not have our opinions formed by the Express or Mail would perhaps like to express our view.
Bill
Branch: None

Post by Bill »

Last time I looked my team and I run run the forum not you, the original post was on topic, general Brexit talk is not end of story.

We had various complaints about those posts and they were dealt with how I felt it was appropriate, if you disagree we have process whereby you can contact David Kirkbright and ask for a review or we do have a formal complaints policy documented on the website. Otherwise further discussion of this mater is closed.

Bill

Forum Administrator

Mainly Haworthia and Gasteria, a few other South African succulents and the odd spiky thing.
ragamala
BCSS Member

Post by ragamala »

Thank you Bill
Kees
Registered Guest

Post by Kees »

@ ragamala: change of avatar?
I uploaded one today as well: a M. smithii in habitat. Original picture much better but had to be shrunk to get it to fit the required 90x90 avatar pixel size.
ragamala
BCSS Member

Post by ragamala »

Kees wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:53 pm @ ragamala: change of avatar?
Yes, sometimes a change is as good as a rest.

I had thought of changing to my newest flowering youngster today (T. polaskii at 2 years) but decided if I was to ban myself or be banned I would raise my flag up the mast.

Now I am probably off-topic, unlike your lovely M. smithii
tpol.jpg
tpol.jpg (75.29 KiB) Viewed 2548 times
Kees
Registered Guest

Post by Kees »

That's a beauty!
ragamala
BCSS Member

Post by ragamala »

Kees wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:42 pm That's a beauty!
Cute little things, Turbinicarpus. At least at that age.

BTW I came across this by chance this morning on Cites and succulents - I haven't read all the detail but there are some nice pics!

http://www.minambiente.it/sites/default ... Plants.pdf

See also description at

https://www.researchgate.net/publicatio ... ed_species
Kees
Registered Guest

Post by Kees »

Thanks!
Bill

Post by Bill »

ragamala wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:06 pm
Kees wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:53 pm @ ragamala: change of avatar?
Yes, sometimes a change is as good as a rest.

I had thought of changing to my newest flowering youngster today (T. polaskii at 2 years) but decided if I was to ban myself or be banned I would raise my flag up the mast.

Now I am probably off-topic, unlike your lovely M. smithii

tpol.jpg
Despite having received 3 complaints about it, it does not actually breach any rules so no reason for any action to be taken.

Mainly Haworthia and Gasteria, a few other South African succulents and the odd spiky thing.