Dorstenia foetida flat form

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
MikeDom
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: GLOUCESTER
Role within the BCSS: Member

Dorstenia foetida flat form

Post by MikeDom »

I managed to get hold of one of these a few months ago and can't find any information about it other than general information on Dorstenia foetida itself. It is described as follows in this quote from LLifLe "Dorstenia foetida is a sub-shrub, stem succulent which may be branched or not. This is a very variable species especially in shape and size of leaves, length of petioles and stipules."

It has been flowering profusely and is about to spray the greenhouse with seeds. My question: will the seeds come true and produce a 'flat form' or a variety of forms? It's the only Dorstenia I have so won't have been cross-pollinated.
Mike

BCSS member 39216

Active grower of caudiciform succulents and mesembs. I don't really grow cacti (very often).
Tina
BCSS Member
Branch: NORTHAMPTON & MILTON KEYNES

Re: Dorstenia foetida flat form

Post by Tina »

Sorry can't help but I'd like to se some pictures please
Tina

varied collection of succulents and cacti but I especially like Euphorbia's, Ariocarpus and variegated agaves.

Bucks, UK
Branch co-ordinator, Northants & MK BCSS https://northants.bcss.org.uk
BCSS Talk team member, contact me- BCSS.Talk@Gmail.com if you want to volunteer or suggest a speaker plz.
MikeDom
BCSS Member
Branch: GLOUCESTER

Post by MikeDom »

Not the best of photos I'm afraid.

It's put on 2 inches in diameter in the past month, but not any real gain in height. It grows in the carnivorous plant greenhouse where humidity is a minimum of 85% as the benches are covered in big water trays and the air must reach saturation point on some days, I read somewhere these Dorstenias like high humidity.
IMG_4453.JPG
IMG_4455.JPG
IMG_4454.JPG
Mike

BCSS member 39216

Active grower of caudiciform succulents and mesembs. I don't really grow cacti (very often).
Afroplants
Branch: None

Post by Afroplants »

If it is the only Dorstenia you grow, there is no reason seedlings won't grow into mostly similar looking plants.