Echevaria a sad tale

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Eric Williams
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: SOUTH WALES

Echevaria a sad tale

Post by Eric Williams »

image.jpeg
In March I lost my dear wife of nearly sixty years. At the funeral my daughter spotted what she called succulents on a wreath. Somehow she aquiered these, brought them home and said "dad can you do anything with these ". At the time I could not even think. They were tatty and root less Echevarias. I put them in a shallow tray with Tescos finest, and just put them on a high garden wall, then promptly forgot about them. Today some thing caught my attention, it was flower stalk. We were both very pleased. Cheers
Ernie
BCSS Member
Branch: TEESSIDE
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Echevaria a sad tale

Post by Ernie »

Very nice - them growing was meant to be.
'Eternity is but a a brief moment away'
juster
BCSS Member
Branch: DARTFORD
Role within the BCSS: Branch Show

Post by juster »

This is a very sad time for you Eric, but what remarkable story, these little plants have done really well against the odds. Let's hope they continue to flourish.
Croydon Branch member, growing mainly cacti and Echeverias
rodsmith
BCSS Member
Branch: STOKE-ON-TRENT

Post by rodsmith »

Sympathy for your loss Eric, but a heartening sequel. I'm sure you will treasure these plants.
Rod Smith

Growing a mixed collection of cacti & other succulents; mainly smaller species with a current emphasis on lithops & conophytum.