Copiapoa ID help

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
sechjoh
Registered Guest
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None

Copiapoa ID help

Post by sechjoh »

Hello all!

I have this plant that was marked Copiapoa cinerea GC 305.01 on the label. I am not sure this is correct.
It lives in a 7 x 7 cm pot and flowers for he first time :)
Copiapoa cinerea GC 305.01(1).jpg
/Christer DPP4, Capture One 10, CombineZM
Peter
BCSS Member

Re: Copiapoa ID help

Post by Peter »

Christer: GC305.01 is Graham Charles' Cinerea. However, if this is the same plant that you posted a picture of in this forum back in 2010 it's not doing very well. In that case a change of compost is needed.

It's difficult to give a firm identification given it's condition.
sechjoh
Registered Guest

Re: Copiapoa ID help

Post by sechjoh »

Peter wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:28 am Christer: GC305.01 is Graham Charles' Cinerea. However, if this is the same plant that you posted a picture of in this forum back in 2010 it's not doing very well. In that case a change of compost is needed.

It's difficult to give a firm identification given it's condition.
Thank you for your reply. I will follow your advice an re-pot it with new compost :geek:
/Christer DPP4, Capture One 10, CombineZM