Crassulas

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
iann
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE
Role within the BCSS: Member

Crassulas

Post by iann »

These two Crassulas are very similar and subtly different. Both were suggested to be C. capensis, but I think they're both C. saxifraga. The flowers should be open in about a month.
crassula-0902c.jpg
crassula-0902b.jpg
crassula-0902a.jpg
Cheshire, UK
ChrisR
BCSS Member
Branch: SHEFFIELD

Re: Crassulas

Post by ChrisR »

Has that growth appeared before you've watered Ian? Did you leave them dry through summer?

No signs of any growth on mine yet but I'm always at least a couple of weeks later with conos so expect these are much the same.
Chris Rodgerson- Sheffield UK BCSS 27098

See www.conophytum.com for ca.4000 photos and growing info on Conophytum, Crassula & Adromischus.
Terry S.

Post by Terry S. »

My C. saxifraga have had two good inundations and are at about the same stage as Ian's. I think that they have emerged several weeks earlier than normal perhaps because of the heat wave followed by <10C nights.
ChrisR
BCSS Member
Branch: SHEFFIELD

Post by ChrisR »

So do I water them before seeing growth or wait until......I already see growth on nemorosa so watered those a bit.
Chris Rodgerson- Sheffield UK BCSS 27098

See www.conophytum.com for ca.4000 photos and growing info on Conophytum, Crassula & Adromischus.
iann
BCSS Member

Post by iann »

They were completely dry over summer, but have been soaked now. Water or not, they always seem to send up stalks about this time, reminding me if I haven't watered already.
Cheshire, UK
iann
BCSS Member

Post by iann »

Small flowers, but pretty
saxifraga-0929.jpg
Cheshire, UK