NATIONAL 2020

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Tony R
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: BROMLEY
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: NATIONAL 2020

Post by Tony R »

Plenty of notice for branches/zones to make alternative arrangements for 2020 where necessary.
I understand finding a suitable venue/date for the National even two years in advance was not an easy task.
Tony Roberts
Treasurer, Haworthia Society
Chairman, Tephrocactus Study Group
Moderator, BCSS Forum
Kent
(Gasteria, Mammillaria, small Opuntia, Cleistocactus and Sempervivum are my current special interests)
Mal L
BCSS Member
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE

Post by Mal L »

I guess that wherever it is, it will always be better for some and worse for others. Milton Keynes is still very distant for me, but at least it does offer the possibility of getting there, and back, by train within a day (especially as I can very happily miss any of MK's recommended shopping experiences!). By contrast, previous venues have been nigh on impossible.
Malcolm
Stockport, UK
Member of Macclesfield & East Cheshire BCSS Branch

Collection mainly of cacti, though interested in a much wider variety of plants than I can accommodate!
Tina
BCSS Member
Branch: NORTHAMPTON & MILTON KEYNES

Post by Tina »

I had heard there was another venue but they were not very accommodating about confirming the date, where as this place would take a firm booking, yes July is a little early some of my plants may not be ready then but you can't accommodate everyone's plants.

I would guess the National committee would love some help with a venue so by all means suggest suitable venues once you have checked out the size and numbers that can be accommodated, the shopping suggestion was an enticement for you guys to let her indoors go shopping whilst you browse the National plants and sales and as I mentioned there are several food places in walking distance even Pierre white steak house, a mc d and KFC and some trendy ones too( I don't remember them all).
Tina

varied collection of succulents and cacti but I especially like Euphorbia's, Ariocarpus and variegated agaves.

Bucks, UK
Branch co-ordinator, Northants & MK BCSS https://northants.bcss.org.uk
BCSS Talk team member, contact me- BCSS.Talk@Gmail.com if you want to volunteer or suggest a speaker plz.
jhb
BCSS Member
Branch: None

Post by jhb »

Looking forward to it already & looking at close b& b's. the added bonus of a little retail therapy looks good too, that's if I have any pennies left after buying plants.
Jayne H.B.
Growing Mamms, Turbs, Ario`s & a bit of most genera in darkest North Devon. Love Lithops too.Now getting hooked on Haworthia`s & Cono`s.
Chez2
BCSS Member
Branch: SHEFFIELD

Post by Chez2 »

Where can I find details for the 2020 National show please?
Tony R
Branch: BROMLEY

Post by Tony R »

Chez2 wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:46 pm Where can I find details for the 2020 National show please?
There is a paragraph about it in the December Cactus World in the Shows Committee Report on page N43.
Tony Roberts
Treasurer, Haworthia Society
Chairman, Tephrocactus Study Group
Moderator, BCSS Forum
Kent
(Gasteria, Mammillaria, small Opuntia, Cleistocactus and Sempervivum are my current special interests)
Chez2
BCSS Member
Branch: SHEFFIELD

Post by Chez2 »

Tony R wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:18 pm
Chez2 wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:46 pm Where can I find details for the 2020 National show please?
There is a paragraph about it in the December Cactus World in the Shows Committee Report on page N43.
Thank you. I haven't read it all yet, I'm still reading all the information that came when I joined. I'm off to look now. Thanks again.
MattGibbs
BCSS Member
Branch: BRADFORD
Role within the BCSS: Branch Show

Post by MattGibbs »

I'll get that in my diary. If I continue on my current role and roster it will be a long weekend off for me :) Plus the Bradford branch show should have been on by then. Only problem will be working out transporting plants safely for a 180 mile trip down there!
Bradford Branch Show Secretary
BCSS Zone 3 Secretary
Tina
BCSS Member
Branch: NORTHAMPTON & MILTON KEYNES

Post by Tina »

There was mention of 'talks with the local hotel' to see if they might do a special deal . Only talks atm.
The shopping was so the guys could spend day at National shopping whilst better half is shopping in mk.

There are lots of hotels local
Tina

varied collection of succulents and cacti but I especially like Euphorbia's, Ariocarpus and variegated agaves.

Bucks, UK
Branch co-ordinator, Northants & MK BCSS https://northants.bcss.org.uk
BCSS Talk team member, contact me- BCSS.Talk@Gmail.com if you want to volunteer or suggest a speaker plz.
Smudge
BCSS Member
Branch: LEICESTER

Post by Smudge »

I’ve never been to a National Show like this one before..... what can I expect?
Seeks Sansevieria & Peperomia