Lithops seeds

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
mjg75
Registered Guest
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: OXFORD

Lithops seeds

Post by mjg75 »

Hi

Trying to build up my collection of lithops but am struggling to find seed suppliers can anyone help?

Thanks Martin
purzo
BCSS Member
Branch: SHEFFIELD
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Lithop seeds

Post by purzo »

I believe the Mesemb Study Group (MSG) still provides an annual seed list for members. You could consider joining them. I was a member a couple of years ago and bought quite a lot of different species of Lithops seeds, most of which gave excellent germination.
Cheers
Gary

Plant Interests
cacti & other succulents, carnivorous plants
mjg75
Registered Guest

Post by mjg75 »

Hi already a member and they do have a great selection but am looking to expand my collection more.
Bosenoge
Registered Guest
Branch: None

Post by Bosenoge »

Aiko
BCSS Member
Branch: None

Post by Aiko »

mjg75 wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:51 pm Trying to build up my collection of lithops but am struggling to find seed suppliers can anyone help?
Where have you been looking? It is one very easy to find many resputed seed sellers selling Lithops. They could be sold out, true, but they offer it at least. You just need to be ordering at the right time. Don't wait too long before the seed list is updated. Check the 'Updated seed list' thread on this forum to be notified when a seed list has been updated. They usually are being updated between now and January.
ChrisR
BCSS Member
Branch: SHEFFIELD

Post by ChrisR »

Lithops Martin......Lithops. Just one is a Lithops. It's from Ancient Greek meaning stone face and the generic name so no such thing as a Lithop.

This place get lots of good reviews on Facebook; https://www.ozlithops.com/ (tu)
Chris Rodgerson- Sheffield UK BCSS 27098

See www.conophytum.com for ca.4000 photos and growing info on Conophytum, Crassula & Adromischus.
mjg75
Registered Guest

Re: Lithops seeds

Post by mjg75 »

Thanks for all the replies I'm going to spend some time researching the sites.

Thanks again.
Terry S.

Post by Terry S. »

Oz Lithops are good and they have provided Lithops seeds for the MSG distribution in the last few years. Sadly, nobody has yet volunteered to take over the MSG seed distribution yet, so don't rely on that as a source.
iann
BCSS Member
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE

Post by iann »

Make friends with people that grow Lithops. They produce seed readily and in large quantities, most of which is surplus to requirements.
Cheshire, UK