'tis the season to be yellow

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
iann
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE
Role within the BCSS: Member

'tis the season to be yellow

Post by iann »

There are a few white Lithops flowers, but the yellow ones are looking best at the moment.

Lithops gesineae, very strong yellow not completely captured in the twilight
gesineae-0912.jpg
Lithops otzeniana, nice big flowers with white middles
otzeniana-0912.jpg
I think that's L. schwantesii under there
schwantesii-0912.jpg
Dinterops, I like them
dinterops-0912.jpg
L. hookeri, I have quite a lot of these for some unknown reason
hookeri-0912.jpg
L. ruschiorum "nelii", I don't grow these for the flowers
nelii-0912.jpg
L. dinteri ssp frederici. flowers don't seem as nice as ssp dinteri, but the plants are very cute
frederici-0912.jpg
The show is just beginning on this "little" one, its bigger brother is a week or two behind
werneri-0912.jpg
Cheshire, UK
KarlR
BCSS Member
Branch: None

Re: 'tis the season to be yellow

Post by KarlR »

Lovely displays! Both the plants and the flowers (tu)
Astro
Registered Guest
Branch: None

Re: 'tis the season to be yellow

Post by Astro »

Very nice! Mine are quite a ways behind, my gracilidelineatas are finishing just now. Nothing much else so far, except for gesinae v annae (not the regular gesinae just yet... are they usually that far behind?), a single schwantesii, werneri and localis/terricolor. A bud or two on one dorotheae and a ruschiorum, and one (confused?) karasmontana. My favorite lithops flowers are probably verruculosa (flowers like a box o' chocolates - you never know what you're gonna get) and fulviceps and related (tutu!).

The weather should cool down a bit in the next week or two, so maybe more will wake from their slumber.