Volunteers for an open hour on Twitter wanted

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Stevium
Registered Guest
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: GLASGOW
Role within the BCSS: Member

Volunteers for an open hour on Twitter wanted

Post by Stevium »

Hello all,

I've recently taken over the BCSS Twitter account and I'm hoping to host a regular "Open Hour" session, maybe starting in late October after a period of promotion. This will essentially be an hour, once a fortnight or so, where we actively encourage people to send us their cacti and succulent questions and photos, and we will do our best to answer them without judgement. This could be anything from propagation queries to plant identification. It would probably be held in the early evening - but that's open to discussion. It'd be nice to add all our responses to a Twitter story so that users who do miss the session can flick through the questions easily.

I'm looking for a list of around six volunteers who are willing to be available for an hour once a month (if fortnightly, no need to do both unless you want to) - just people that I can call on about a week in advance to ask if they'd be available on X date, and some backups incase they're not. All you need is your own Twitter account. Please let me know if you're interested in helping out below - or, please, if you have thoughts on this I'd be interested in hearing them.

Thanks!
KathyM
BCSS Member
Branch: None

Re: Volunteers for an open hour on Twitter wanted

Post by KathyM »

There doesn't seem to be all that many UK-based cactus and succulent people on Twitter. There's quite a lot of houseplant growers and people quite new to plants, but not so many more experienced growers maybe.
Rich45s
BCSS Member
Branch: KlNGSTON-on- THAMES

Post by Rich45s »

KathyM wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:30 am There doesn't seem to be all that many UK-based cactus and succulent people on Twitter. There's quite a lot of houseplant growers and people quite new to plants, but not so many more experienced growers maybe.
I’m definitely in the latter category but I am on twitter so would like to follow the bcss account what is it may I ask?I’d be useless for the hour though, so not volunteering for that

R
BCSS Member 52305
Stevium
Registered Guest
Branch: GLASGOW
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by Stevium »

Hi Rich

The society's Twitter can be found at @cactussucculent
Rich45s
BCSS Member

Post by Rich45s »

Thanks Stevium!
BCSS Member 52305
Rich45s
BCSS Member

Post by Rich45s »

Double thanks Stevium,

I’m currently locked from following too many people but can read posts and see there was a special members offer of 5 for 4 issues of journal. So I’ve taken membership plunge and had also bought a few back issues of journal over weekend too

Cheers
BCSS Member 52305