More Adromischus with mixed up labels

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
KathyM
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None

More Adromischus with mixed up labels

Post by KathyM »

These are more of the plants that arrived without labels. I thought I'd matched them up with the list of of plants I ordered, but I'm not confident I got it right. I have a lot of leaf cuttings because leaves fell off during shipping and these are doing well, so when I label them up individually I don't want to be copying the wrong name onto the new labels.

In particular I got 2 different Adromischus alstonii and 2 different A. hemisphaericus, and one called A. aff. roanianus that I've struggled with. One died and all I have left is leaf cuttings, so I haven't posted a picture of that.

I think this is hemisphaericus?

ImageAdromischus hemisphaericus (CR1311, DT6190), I think by Kathy, on Flickr

Both the hemisphaericus I ordered had field numbers, well, one had 2. CR1311/DT6190 was apparently a plant without spots on its leaves, and CR1533 (clone 4) was apparently a spotty leaved plant. This is the one I think is the other, spotty, hemisphaericus:

ImageAdromischus hemisphaericus (CR1533, clone 4), I think by Kathy, on Flickr

I think this next one is alstonii and the one that rotted was the other; that one had leaves without spots. They both had a locality, but it was the same one for both, West of Naip.

ImageAdromischus alstonii (West of Naip), I think by Kathy, on Flickr

I think this is aff. roanianus/roaneanus:

ImageAdromischus aff. roaneanus, I think by Kathy, on Flickr

I also ordered an Adromischus marianae 'Tanqua' that had a different leaf colour than I expected but obviously leaf colour varies a lot so I'm not sure if it is still correct.

ImageAdromischus marianae 'Tanqua' I think by Kathy, on Flickr

This has an interesting double leaf. I have spotted these on a few plants. Are they common on Adromischus?

Thanks.
Apicra
BCSS Member
Branch: HARROW
Role within the BCSS: Branch Chair

Re: More Adromischus with mixed up labels

Post by Apicra »

Hi CathyM,

I'm afraid your plants are still too young and not showing mature characters to enable identification. Please post new pictures in about a year's time.

That A. m. "Tanqua" looks correct though.

Best wishes,
DT
KathyM
BCSS Member
Branch: None

Re: More Adromischus with mixed up labels

Post by KathyM »

Thank you for the ID of 'Tanqua', I will post more pics of the others when they have more leaves! I assume that if they flower next year the flowers are useful for identification?