Grahamia palmeri

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Ivan
Registered Guest
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None

Grahamia palmeri

Post by Ivan »

This one kind of got away from me....
Grahamia palmeri
Grahamia palmeri
But a nice flower none the less.
Grahamia palmeri
Grahamia palmeri
AnTTun
BCSS Member

Re: Grahamia palmeri

Post by AnTTun »

Good job Ivan :)
TTcacti - C&S database software - http://www.ttimpact.hr/anttun/
Ivan
Registered Guest

Post by Ivan »

AnTTun wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:04 pm Good job Ivan :)
Thanks... but the job isn't done, yet. I don't know if it will root so I can separate them. And not sure how long to leave it either. I will wait till spring at least.
AnTTun
BCSS Member

Post by AnTTun »

If I got the picture right, it started growing at one (right) pot, then leaned over and continued in another? If so, I'm 99.99% sure that part at flowering pot has roots. If its vice - versa.. I have no clue :)
Ivan
Registered Guest

Post by Ivan »

AnTTun wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:13 pm If I got the picture right, it started growing at one (right) pot, then leaned over and continued in another? If so, I'm 99.99% sure that part at flowering pot has roots. If its vice - versa.. I have no clue :)
You are partially right. It started growing in the pot at the right. I don't think it is growing/rooting in the second pot just yet. But it grew long and leaves kept falling off. Maybe lack of light, I don't know for sure. I tried to just let it root back into that pot with no luck. Then I decided to have a second pot with new soil. I submerged that long stem into a new pot and would like it to take root. Somehow from what I have observed, roots won't just grow at any point like most plants. But the new portion does look less elongated and it is flowering for the second time this season. :smile: It's not actually working the way most plants would. The hard part now is to figure out how much to water. And, of course, it's coming into winter when I cut back on all watering. :???: Interestingly, it will take a lot of abuse and lack of water. It will "take a lot of licking and still keep ticking..."
AnTTun
BCSS Member

Post by AnTTun »

Heh, I've just realized I have one of them too, just coahuilense. They seem to be wanderers, had to wrap mine inside the pot because it leaned itself over two near pots.
GC.jpg
Aiko
BCSS Member
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by Aiko »

AnTTun wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:13 pm Heh, I've just realized I have one of them too, just coahuilense.
That is the same as G. palmeri.
Ivan
Registered Guest

Post by Ivan »

I have given mine as much sun as I can and it has had plenty of heat with a fan circulating air all spring, summer and now fall. I think that has kept it from stretching.

This plant was from seeds I got from you, Aiko, back in 2013.
Aiko
BCSS Member
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by Aiko »

Ivan wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:58 am This plant was from seeds I got from you, Aiko, back in 2013.
I already thought it was!

You can always cut off the elongated growth above the soil, if you don't like it.
Ivan
Registered Guest

Post by Ivan »

Aiko wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:48 pm You can always cut off the elongated growth above the soil, if you don't like it.
What I would like is for it to root at the stem but I won't bother it now till spring to if that has happened.