What should I do? Lithops newbie firsttimer...

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Aiko
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: What should I do? Lithops newbie firsttimer...

Post by Aiko »

iann wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:19 pm After 2-3 weeks with nothing, I'd usually let the pot dry out and try again in a few more weeks. Seed harvested this year can be slow to germinate. In your conditions though, I worry that it just isn't going to happen.
Or just wait longer. I sowed a lot of species (but no Lithops) in early September, and only now they seem to germinate. Probably the cold nights that finally have arrived have helped. Waiting only two to three weeks seems very short to me. I have had multiple times I had to wait many weeks or even months for things to finally germinate. I do al my sowings in an unheated greenhouse, not additional heating or lighting.
helenbarli
Registered Guest
Branch: None

Re: What should I do? Lithops newbie firsttimer...

Post by helenbarli »

:useless:

YES! They have germinated, slowly but surely...

And the thought of letting them all by themselves for almost 2 weeks, just saddens me. Ugh.

Anyhow, will this fertilizer be useful for lithops? The contents as attached:
Attachments
51691907-53EE-4F0D-BC4F-86B02F5957EA.jpeg
F46D961E-011A-4706-B3CA-F7085C821ADB.jpeg