Help, please to ID these three Garden centre cacti

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
el48tel
BCSS Member
Branch: LEEDS
Role within the BCSS: Member

Help, please to ID these three Garden centre cacti

Post by el48tel » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:22 pm

I think
#3 might be a distorted Rebutia
#2 might be a Parodia
No idea what #1 is

But your help is appreciated
Attachments
DSCN2237.JPG
DSCN2235.JPG
DSCN2233.JPG
Beginning a new journey of discovery as I grow cactus seeds and offsets for the first time; discover all kinds of wonderful plants in Cactus Nurseries; just love Echinopsis
Mal L
BCSS Member
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE

Re: Help, please to ID these three Garden centre cacti

Post by Mal L » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:40 pm

1. looks like the more white-spined form of Echinocactus grusonii, which seems to be becoming more common these days.
2. probably is a Parodia / Notocactus but I am no expert on these, and hesitate to go any further!
3. Definitely not a Rebutia as it has tubercles. Probably the cultivar of Mammillaria spinosissima known as "Un Pico" (one spine) and very common in garden centres nowadays.
Malcolm
Stockport, UK
Member of Macclesfield & East Cheshire BCSS Branch

Collection mainly of cacti, though interested in a much wider variety of plants than I can accommodate!
el48tel
BCSS Member
Branch: LEEDS

Re: Help, please to ID these three Garden centre cacti

Post by el48tel » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:11 pm

thanks Malcolm
Beginning a new journey of discovery as I grow cactus seeds and offsets for the first time; discover all kinds of wonderful plants in Cactus Nurseries; just love Echinopsis