Help, please to ID these three Garden centre cacti

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
el48tel
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: LEEDS
Role within the BCSS: Member

Help, please to ID these three Garden centre cacti

Post by el48tel »

I think
#3 might be a distorted Rebutia
#2 might be a Parodia
No idea what #1 is

But your help is appreciated
Attachments
DSCN2237.JPG
DSCN2235.JPG
DSCN2233.JPG
Endeavouring to grow Aylostera, Echinocereus, Echinopsis, Gymnocalycium, Matucana, Rebutia, and Sulcorebutia. Fallen out of love with Lithops and aggravated by Aeoniums.
Currently being wooed by Haworthia, attempting hybridisation, and enticed by Mesembs.
Mal L
BCSS Member
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE

Re: Help, please to ID these three Garden centre cacti

Post by Mal L »

1. looks like the more white-spined form of Echinocactus grusonii, which seems to be becoming more common these days.
2. probably is a Parodia / Notocactus but I am no expert on these, and hesitate to go any further!
3. Definitely not a Rebutia as it has tubercles. Probably the cultivar of Mammillaria spinosissima known as "Un Pico" (one spine) and very common in garden centres nowadays.
Malcolm
Stockport, UK
Member of Macclesfield & East Cheshire BCSS Branch

Collection mainly of cacti, though interested in a much wider variety of plants than I can accommodate!
el48tel
BCSS Member
Branch: LEEDS

Re: Help, please to ID these three Garden centre cacti

Post by el48tel »

thanks Malcolm
Endeavouring to grow Aylostera, Echinocereus, Echinopsis, Gymnocalycium, Matucana, Rebutia, and Sulcorebutia. Fallen out of love with Lithops and aggravated by Aeoniums.
Currently being wooed by Haworthia, attempting hybridisation, and enticed by Mesembs.