Conophytum minutum

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Roatavator
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None

Conophytum minutum

Post by Roatavator »

Nice bit of colour today
Attachments
130213BD-9796-48A1-BF9F-E44F8C6BFA70.jpeg
Peter. Lapsed cactus enthusiast, now into Conophytums. Fewer plasters when repotting! MSG member.
Tina
BCSS Member
Branch: NORTHAMPTON & MILTON KEYNES
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Conophytum minutum

Post by Tina »

Wow, how lovely, thats a beast (tu) .
How old is it ?, have you seen some of the amazing prices of these on ebay I'm growing the wrong plants and they take up soo little space
Tina

varied collection of succulents and cacti but I especially like Euphorbia's, Ariocarpus and variegated agaves.

Bucks, UK
Branch co-ordinator, Northants & MK BCSS https://northants.bcss.org.uk
BCSS Talk team member, contact me- BCSS.Talk@Gmail.com if you want to volunteer or suggest a speaker plz.
Diane
BCSS Member

Post by Diane »

Spectacular!! I'm quite envious...
Diane - member of Kingston branch

Growing cacti - balm to the soul!
Roatavator
BCSS Member

Post by Roatavator »

Thanks for your comments!
I think the plant is one of a batch of single headers I bought in 2009. For some reason they seem to grow well for me, I’m certainly no expert! I did have a couple get scorched last year, bit disappointing as they were a fair size, but live and learn. Surprisingly no scorching this year.
I probably feed and water them a bit too much for connoisseurs. And I grow them in a John Innes 2 or 3 with 50% grit. No cat litter here! But it seems to work for me.
Yes, they make crazy prices. I’m thinking I might set up a little business! No lock on greenhouse but fortunately I have a guard dog. See my post on Introduce Yourself.
Peter
Peter. Lapsed cactus enthusiast, now into Conophytums. Fewer plasters when repotting! MSG member.
Roatavator
BCSS Member

Post by Roatavator »

Sorry Don’t Be Shy
ChrisR
BCSS Member
Branch: SHEFFIELD

Post by ChrisR »

Roatavator wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:53 pm I probably feed and water them a bit too much for connoisseurs. And I grow them in a John Innes 2 or 3 with 50% grit. No cat litter here! But it seems to work for me.
That's exactly how the "experts" grow them......
Chris Rodgerson- Sheffield UK BCSS 27098

See www.conophytum.com for ca.4000 photos and growing info on Conophytum, Crassula & Adromischus.