A few flowers

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
conolady
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: EXETER
Role within the BCSS: Member

A few flowers

Post by conolady »

Amazing what some sunshine will do...Sorry they're sideways!
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Attachments
image.jpeg
First it was orchids, then, since c.2001, cacti and succulents. I'm into South African plants, mainly conos, lithops and haworthias, with a few cacti, especially 'posh' mamms, turbs and other smalls. Now it’s stapeliads as well...
Terry S.

Re: A few flowers

Post by Terry S. »

I wonder where the name Fenestraria 'Fireglow' came from? There was a name 'Fireworth' established for the rather orange-coloured form from the southern end of the species' distribution, that was first distributed by Hepworth.
conolady
BCSS Member

Post by conolady »

Terry S. wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:53 am I wonder where the name Fenestraria 'Fireglow' came from? There was a name 'Fireworth' established for the rather orange-coloured form from the southern end of the species' distribution, that was first distributed by Hepworth.
I've always wonders if this was, in fact, Fireworth, and the label was wrong. I've had it for years and kept the name that was with it. It is pretty orangey! What do you think, Terry?
First it was orchids, then, since c.2001, cacti and succulents. I'm into South African plants, mainly conos, lithops and haworthias, with a few cacti, especially 'posh' mamms, turbs and other smalls. Now it’s stapeliads as well...
Terry S.

Post by Terry S. »

I hope you didn't get it from me! But yes, 'Fireworth' is probably the appropriate name although you can get examples with more orangey flowers. There tend to be colour changes as the flower matures; they do stay open for a long time when the weather is cool, as now.
conolady
BCSS Member

Post by conolady »

No, you're innocent! I'll change the label, thanks.