Hooray and thanks!

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
conolady
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: EXETER
Role within the BCSS: Member

Hooray and thanks!

Post by conolady »

My BCSS seed arrived this morning. Hubby and I have received everything we asked for and it has arrived so quickly. Many, many thanks for both the seed and the speedy, efficient distribution. The amount of work required must be phenomenal, and fiddly, too; cono seed is like dust! As it is all mesemb seed, extra thanks to Terry and the other unnamed contributor for their generosity. They would have made a lot of money had it been sold on eBay.
First it was orchids, then, since c.2001, cacti and succulents. I'm into South African plants, mainly conos, lithops and haworthias, with a few cacti, especially 'posh' mamms, turbs and other smalls. Now it’s stapeliads as well...
el48tel
BCSS Member
Branch: LEEDS

Re: Hooray and thanks!

Post by el48tel »

Conolady you beat me to it.
Well done team "seeds"!
I am looking forward to sowing my packs too.
Endeavouring to grow Aylostera, Echinocereus, Echinopsis, Gymnocalycium, Matucana, Rebutia, and Sulcorebutia. Fallen out of love with Lithops and aggravated by Aeoniums.
Currently being wooed by Haworthia, attempting hybridisation, and enticed by Mesembs.
ragamala
BCSS Member
Branch: NORTH FYLDE

Post by ragamala »

Just out of interest, conolady and el48tel, when did you receive your journals and send off your orders?
conolady
BCSS Member
Branch: EXETER

Post by conolady »

ragamala wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:07 pm Just out of interest, conolady and el48tel, when did you receive your journals and send off your orders?
No. The Journal arrived the day afterwards. We saw on the forum that the seed list was up and printed off the order form, then filled that in and posted it. I wrote on the form that I had done this as the Journal hadn't arrived and trusted it was OK. I understood the 'do not use this list' instruction on the forum list to mean that they wanted an order form, not just a list of seeds on a bit of paper, and as there was a link to print off the form, I did that.
First it was orchids, then, since c.2001, cacti and succulents. I'm into South African plants, mainly conos, lithops and haworthias, with a few cacti, especially 'posh' mamms, turbs and other smalls. Now it’s stapeliads as well...
ragamala
BCSS Member

Post by ragamala »

conolady wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:16 pm
ragamala wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:07 pm Just out of interest, conolady and el48tel, when did you receive your journals and send off your orders?
No. The Journal arrived the day afterwards. We saw on the forum that the seed list was up and printed off the order form, then filled that in and posted it. I wrote on the form that I had done this as the Journal hadn't arrived and trusted it was OK. I understood the 'do not use this list' instruction on the forum list to mean that they wanted an order form, not just a list of seeds on a bit of paper, and as there was a link to print off the form, I did that.
Thanks for the info.
el48tel
BCSS Member

Post by el48tel »

ragamala wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:23 pm
Thanks for the info.
Ragamala
I think the online form went live 12 December.
Magazine arrived Wednesday 12 December.
The form was posted in outskirts of Leeds before lunch second class 13 December
Endeavouring to grow Aylostera, Echinocereus, Echinopsis, Gymnocalycium, Matucana, Rebutia, and Sulcorebutia. Fallen out of love with Lithops and aggravated by Aeoniums.
Currently being wooed by Haworthia, attempting hybridisation, and enticed by Mesembs.
ragamala
BCSS Member

Post by ragamala »

el48tel wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:55 pm
ragamala wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:23 pm

Thanks for the info.
Ragamala
I think the online form went live 12 December.
Magazine arrived Wednesday 12 December.
The form was posted in outskirts of Leeds before lunch second class 13 December
:-)
jhb
BCSS Member
Branch: None

Post by jhb »

My BCSS seed order arrived this morning. I was lucky enough to get all that I wanted-Lithops & Cono`s. Many thanks to those that deal with the orders, its very much appreciated. Roll on some warmer weather so I can start them off.
Jayne H.B.
Growing Mamms, Turbs, Ario`s & a bit of most genera in darkest North Devon. Love Lithops too.Now getting hooked on Haworthia`s & Cono`s.
el48tel
BCSS Member

Post by el48tel »

A thought ..... and trying to take on some comments posted in
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=167774
and elsewhere

What would be the response from the team; other BCSS members etc etc if you got your seed \(and it is still quite early January) and then you submitted another order? OK supply might be limited but ..........
Tina
BCSS Member
Branch: NORTHAMPTON & MILTON KEYNES

Post by Tina »

Supposedly you can ask for more than 1 packet, I haven't done it as it seems a bit greedy but I don't know that you can't reorder
Tina

varied collection of succulents and cacti but I especially like Euphorbia's, Ariocarpus and variegated agaves.

Bucks, UK
Branch co-ordinator, Northants & MK BCSS https://northants.bcss.org.uk
BCSS Talk team member, contact me- BCSS.Talk@Gmail.com if you want to volunteer or suggest a speaker plz.