New(?) Lithops book

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
ragamala
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: NORTH FYLDE

New(?) Lithops book

Post by ragamala »

topsy
BCSS Trustee
Branch: BRISTOL
Role within the BCSS: Life Members

Re: New(?) Lithops book

Post by topsy »

Hi,

I was sent a copy by the publishers for review, which I have yet to do for the Mesemb Study Group Bulletin.

Firstly it does not solely concern Lithops as the title states it is "How to Grow Lithops and Other Living Stone Plants".

The photos are from a mixture of sources, some taken in the wild and some in the author's (Piotr Dzieduszynski) collection. The images taken in the wild are excellent as they were taken in natural light, but those taken in captivity are often a little too dark.

It is in dual languages, two columns the second being English and is produced on high gloss paper.

With a total of 130 pages the first 55 are concerned with Lithops, then a small section on pests and diseases and then delving into some of the other mesembs.

It is not expensive and gives some sound advice.

Suzanne
ragamala
BCSS Member
Branch: NORTH FYLDE

Re: New(?) Lithops book

Post by ragamala »

topsy wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:08 am

It is not expensive and gives some sound advice.

Suzanne
Thanks Suzanne

Alan
Bonsai2
BCSS Member
Branch: FIFE
Role within the BCSS: Member

How to grow Lithops and Other Living Stone Plants.

Post by Bonsai2 »

BCSS Member

A most helpful new book with good line drawings and excellent pics.

I found the month by month calendar for growing Lithops and other Mesembs helpful too.
Bonsai2
(Member)