Germination begins

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
iann
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Germination begins

Post by iann »

Aiko wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:10 pm So if I stick to a plan (easier to remember next year), I would be wise to water at 1 January and 1 February too. No matter the freezing temperatures?
I don't worry about the freezing temperatures at night. I look more for a few days with a little sunshine, although even that may be unimportant. Freezing nights are a bonus that comes with clear skies, warm humid winter weather is probably more dangerous.
Cheshire, UK
KarlR
BCSS Member
Branch: None

Re: Germination begins

Post by KarlR »

Fascinating insights, Iann! Thanks for sharing!

I definitely don't doubt your success, it's just hard to wrap my head around it. But then I've never had too much success with Pedios and Scleros - much like most other people I assume. And to water already! :eek: :lol: Sometimes you really get an eye opener, and this has definitely been that. But it does make sense when I think about it.

I will certainly commit this to memory and try your approach in the future!