Canna Rhizotonic

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
conolady
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: EXETER
Role within the BCSS: Member

Canna Rhizotonic

Post by conolady »

Has anybody tried this stuff? I read the reviews on Amazon and it seems to be terrific. Mycorrhizal benefits, made from seaweed and amino acids. Seems it's fab for root production and aids seed germination...Several people on Facebook swear by it. Having said that, I've had excellent germination using just distilled water and sterilised compost. It's supposed to be anti fungal as well, so that would be good. It's used a lot by hydroponic 'weed' growers, apparently, to good effect!
Last edited by conolady on Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
First it was orchids, then, since c.2001, cacti and succulents. I'm into South African plants, mainly conos, lithops and haworthias, with a few cacti, especially 'posh' mamms, turbs and other smalls. Now it’s stapeliads as well...
Chris in Leeds
BCSS Member
Branch: None

Re: Rhizotonic

Post by Chris in Leeds »

I have seen the roots of plants that have had Rootgrow (don't know if same thing)added to there soil mix and they produce a good root system
Chris
BCSS MEMBER SINCE 2000 (NATIONAL SHOW)
FORUM MEMBER SINCE JUNE 2006
Interested in - TURBINICARPUS (Always looking for plants I don't have)
TEPHROCACTUS AND RELATED SPECIES
http://www.leeds.bcss.org.uk/ http://www.zone3.bcss.org.uk/
Tina
BCSS Member
Branch: NORTHAMPTON & MILTON KEYNES

Re: Canna Rhizotonic

Post by Tina »

I think with the rhizotonic it wouldnt be as effective as rootgrow because bonsai tree's want it more moist than you would keep your cactus & suucculents at.
I have been pleased with the results when using rootgrow, I used it to get some ariocarpus to root they had been unpotted for a long time in the post and were just sitting about slowly drying out.
Tina

varied collection of succulents and cacti but I especially like Euphorbia's, Ariocarpus and variegated agaves.

Bucks, UK
Branch co-ordinator, Northants & MK BCSS https://northants.bcss.org.uk
BCSS Talk team member, contact me- BCSS.Talk@Gmail.com if you want to volunteer or suggest a speaker plz.
AllanA
BCSS Member
Branch: GRAMPIAN (N.E.Scotland)

Post by AllanA »

It does not work with plants, because of the drying out between waterings. Seedlings need to be kept pretty wet for it to have any benifit
Allan
Orkney
conophytums,Lithops,Sempervivum, Tylecodons, small cacti. and Haworthias
Herts Mike
BCSS Member
Branch: LEA VALLEY

Post by Herts Mike »

So rootgrow is beneficial for cuttings? I always have a number of Stapeliad cuttings from winter casualties.
conolady
BCSS Member

Post by conolady »

I'm told cuttings root well with Rhizotonic. And one can water with it, of course. Has anybody tried it??
First it was orchids, then, since c.2001, cacti and succulents. I'm into South African plants, mainly conos, lithops and haworthias, with a few cacti, especially 'posh' mamms, turbs and other smalls. Now it’s stapeliads as well...
conolady
BCSS Member

Post by conolady »

AllanA wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:24 am It does not work with plants, because of the drying out between waterings. Seedlings need to be kept pretty wet for it to have any benifit
The manufacturers say you can use it on any medium, or can just spray on the leaves. So I don't understand why it wouldn't work on plants...