Last Chance BCSS Members

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Bill
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None

Last Chance BCSS Members

Post by Bill »

Preparations are under way to move the forum and website to a completely new platform (software) this will enable online management/payment of your membership, access to member areas/services, future electronic journals and Bradlaya (not a replacement for printed versions) etc.

An important part of this will be the merging of your forum account with your membership account, the key to this being your membership number so it is important that if you are a member you check your membership number has been entered in your profile and that it is correct,

If you fail to do this you may find that while your forum content is still available, you may have to use a different log on to access it and there are circumstances where your current forum profile could be locked, this will be permanent as there will be no way to unlock it once the data transfer is completed. You will still be able to use the forum but only via your membership log on as a new user.

All new members will be automatically enrolled in the forum as will existing members who are not forum members.

Checking your membership number:
Select the User Control Panel icon, then select the profile tab and check your membership number appears correctly.
Select the User Control Panel icon, then select the profile tab and check your membership number appears correctly.
Or try this link ucp.php?i=178
________________________________________________________________________________________________
Additionally it may be useful to check your user group, select Usergroups tab and join BCSS Members if it doesn’t already show you as a member.
Additionally it may be useful to check your user group, select Usergroups tab and join BCSS Members if it doesn’t already show you as a member.

Bill Hildyard.

Mainly Haworthia and Gasteria, a few other South African succulents and the odd spiky thing.
iann
BCSS Member
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: BCSS Members please read this.

Post by iann »

I don't have the edit profile tab at the side, just signature, avatar, etc. No sign of my membership number anywhere and no box to enter it.
Cheshire, UK
Bill

Post by Bill »

Hi Iann,

That's odd, someone else told me this but as there have been no other comments thought it was an isolated issue.

Can you have a look now.

Mainly Haworthia and Gasteria, a few other South African succulents and the odd spiky thing.
Phil_SK
Role within the BCSS: Forum Moderator

Post by Phil_SK »

Where does ucp.php?i=178 take you?
Phil Crewe, BCSS 38143. Mostly S. American cacti, esp. Lobivia, Sulcorebutia and little Opuntia
Bill

Post by Bill »

Nice link Phil, I will copy it to the original post. but there was actually an issue that had a solution I overlooked last time it was brought up and I didn't over pursue its as I thought it was isolated incident.

iann
BCSS Member
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by iann »

All good. The link worked, but then whatever Bill had done worked anyway.
Cheshire, UK
Bill

Post by Bill »

Thanks for letting me know Iann.

Bill

Kees
Registered Guest

Post by Kees »

Can I remain a forum guest without being BCSS member?
Bill

Post by Bill »

Yes that is the plan if you are not a BCSS member

Bill

rodsmith
BCSS Member
Branch: STOKE-ON-TRENT

Post by rodsmith »

Hi Bill

While you are in the process of doing housekeeping on the system, would it be possible to amend my username please, from rodsmith to Rod Smith? I would have done it myself but there doesn't seem to be a mechanism for members to amend their own username. However, if it will entail too much hassle, don't bother.
Rod Smith

Growing a mixed collection of cacti & other succulents; mainly smaller species with a current emphasis on lithops & conophytum.