A few Cacti to ID

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
daniel82
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: CHELMSFORD
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: A few Cacti to ID

Post by daniel82 »

I'm not convinced that number 7 isn't a Matucana madisonorium. I think I see hair at the areoles, perhaps buds that never got started. But it is heavily marked, possibly by mites at some point.
Diane
BCSS Member
Branch: None
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by Diane »

daniel82 wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:50 am I'm not convinced that number 7 isn't a Matucana madisonorium. I think I see hair at the areoles, perhaps buds that never got started. But it is heavily marked, possibly by mites at some point.
But the rib formation is typical of Gymnocalycium with chin-like bumps, so I also think it could be G. vatteri.
Diane - member of Kingston branch

Growing cacti - balm to the soul!
KarlR
BCSS Member
Branch: None

Post by KarlR »

daniel82 wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:50 am I'm not convinced that number 7 isn't a Matucana madisonorium. I think I see hair at the areoles, perhaps buds that never got started. But it is heavily marked, possibly by mites at some point.
Spines aren't right for M. madisoniorum, but typical for the single-spined form of G. vatteri.