Lithop help.

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Cronkss
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None
Role within the BCSS: Non-Member

Lithop help.

Post by Cronkss »

I attached some photos. The nice looking ones I got a few days ago. The safe ones I’ve had for a few months. I live in Reno NV (USA). They are indoors under a light. Just got a pumice lava rock mix and will mix with organic. Was thing 80% pumice/lava rock and 20% organic. They have been in bonzi jack mix. I haven’t watered at all except a very very little (a couple drops two months ago when transplanted). Can’t tell if need water or are rotting. And don’t need any water. Should have new soil in a few days and plant to repot them all into the proper mix but any advice on what this is / what to do from here on out to help them and keep the others happy as they look now?

Thanks in advance new to the forum.
Attachments
745459F4-D255-4E92-BC4E-DB1CACEE3EA2.jpeg
018791F6-CE80-4CBE-A5C7-A15B861D2516.jpeg
D6B57614-F550-49F8-B999-663A67A3B6FE.jpeg
E5762F19-2E4E-4C3A-B0F2-9F0BB2F50048.jpeg
11F14E9D-B02D-4123-B1F0-09F384F704DE.jpeg
RICHAUD
BCSS Member
Branch: None

Re: Lithop help.

Post by RICHAUD »

your Lithops are dessicated (td) (td)
more water is the solution
iann
BCSS Member
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Lithop help.

Post by iann »

Definitely thirsty, although It isn't uncommon or harmful for Lithops to get wrinkly in winter. There are new leaves growing inside and you just need to keep the new ones happy. In England, getting rid of the old leaves is the hard part and we hardly ever water in winter, but things may be different in your climate. Lithops will go dormant in very high heat, and you may have enough winter sun that winter is your main growing season.

Roots aren't great on those Lithops though. Ideally you'd have at least half an inch of permanent root, which might not look like a lot but it is a base to sprout lots of fine roots when there is any water about. Plants with tiny root stubs have less ability to produce feeder roots.

Plant them, maybe water once and see how it goes from there. In general, Lithops should be watered generously and then left to dry thoroughly. They need a little time to produce a set of roots, then suck up all the water. Very light watering will not trigger the fine roots and the plant will just take up a very small amount of water, enough to keep it ticking over for a few more days.
Cheshire, UK