February eNews

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Werewolf
BCSS Zone Rep
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: BRISTOL
Role within the BCSS: Branch Chair

February eNews

Post by Werewolf »

The February edition of eNews is out today, so it maybe time to check your canned pork & ham folders again, folks.

Graham Evans
eNews Editor
el48tel
BCSS Member
Branch: LEEDS
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: February eNews

Post by el48tel »

Yup - despite flagging it as legitimate material - it dropped in to the Trash can. Isn't technology wonderfully infuriating
Endeavouring to grow Aylostera, Echinocereus, Echinopsis, Gymnocalycium, Matucana, Rebutia, and Sulcorebutia. Fallen out of love with Lithops and aggravated by Aeoniums.
Currently being wooed by Haworthia, attempting hybridisation, and enticed by Mesembs.
Jim_Mercer
BCSS Member
Branch: LIVERPOOL

Post by Jim_Mercer »

In with the spam again - added to safe senders again and used the link at the bottom of eNews to update contact details (outlook recognised already in contacts)
juster
BCSS Member
Branch: DARTFORD
Role within the BCSS: Branch Show

Post by juster »

Thanks Graham, sadly it was again in spam!
Croydon Branch member, growing mainly cacti and Echeverias
Tony R
Branch: CAMBRIDGE

Post by Tony R »

Reached me perfectly, another very interesting issue - thanks!
Tony Roberts
Treasurer, Haworthia Society
Chairman, Tephrocactus Study Group
Moderator, BCSS Forum
Kent
(Gasteria, Mammillaria, small Opuntia, Cleistocactus and Sempervivum are my current special interests)
conolady
BCSS Member
Branch: EXETER

Post by conolady »

In the Spam...Thanks for the heads up, as it's a very interesting issue and I'd have missed it!
First it was orchids, then, since c.2001, cacti and succulents. I'm into South African plants, mainly conos, lithops and haworthias, with a few cacti, especially 'posh' mamms, turbs and other smalls. Now it’s stapeliads as well...
Chez2
BCSS Member
Branch: SHEFFIELD

Post by Chez2 »

I haven't received anything. I've just checked my in box, deleted and junk / spam and its not in there. I joined as a member in October.
Jim_Mercer
BCSS Member
Branch: LIVERPOOL

Post by Jim_Mercer »

Chez2 wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:48 pm I haven't received anything. I've just checked my in box, deleted and junk / spam and its not in there. I joined as a member in October.
You need to subscribe to the newsletter - link should take you to page where you can enter your email address and also see previous issues

http://www.society.bcss.org.uk/index.ph ... etter.html
el48tel
BCSS Member
Branch: LEEDS

Post by el48tel »

Jim_Mercer wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:14 pm
Chez2 wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:48 pm I haven't received anything. I've just checked my in box, deleted and junk / spam and its not in there. I joined as a member in October.
You need to subscribe to the newsletter - link should take you to page where you can enter your email address and also see previous issues

http://www.society.bcss.org.uk/index.ph ... etter.html
I did just that and it goes to SPAM
Endeavouring to grow Aylostera, Echinocereus, Echinopsis, Gymnocalycium, Matucana, Rebutia, and Sulcorebutia. Fallen out of love with Lithops and aggravated by Aeoniums.
Currently being wooed by Haworthia, attempting hybridisation, and enticed by Mesembs.
Tony R
Branch: CAMBRIDGE

Post by Tony R »

Seems like several of you need a better eMail Client.
Tony Roberts
Treasurer, Haworthia Society
Chairman, Tephrocactus Study Group
Moderator, BCSS Forum
Kent
(Gasteria, Mammillaria, small Opuntia, Cleistocactus and Sempervivum are my current special interests)